1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Step Outside event - Chicago Metro Area

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by spitter, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Fellow TS.commers (Chicago-area):

My Club is hosting an Open House, a Step Outside event, September 16th at our Naperville, IL range, to celebrate our 70th Anniversary. Our mayor is proclaiming the 16th "Naperville Sportsman's Club Day" (imagine that!)

This no-cost event, will offer basic firearm instruction and for those interested we'll pair guests up with our instructors to try their hand at some trap targets.

This is a great opportunity if you have young person, friend or co-worker who you might like to introduce to the shotgun shooting sports. We'll have various types of firearms available - ammo, eyes and ears will be provided.

As this is an instructional event, no FOID is required, however if you bring a non-family minor, we'll request written permission from one of the minor's parents.

The event is scheduled from 11-3 on Sunday 9/16. Refreshments will be served and we'll have a great information table on all the shotgun shooting sports. A ladies shooting group will be on hand to show a bit of diversity to the ladies and do a bit of recruiting.

Thanks for taking a moment to read this!

Jay Spitz

Event Chair

2. spitter

3. spitter

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

This sounds like a great thing. Good on you for it.

5. LarrySC

LarrySC TS Member

Jay,

Thanks for the invitation. . .Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend--there are too many miles between Naperville, Illinois, and Charleston, South Carolina.

It is great to see how the annual open house event has progressed from a "free hot dogs and chips" event over a half of a dozen years ago to its current status. You and all of the volunteers at the Naperville Sportsman's Club should be congratulated for your efforts to promote the club and trapshooting. What a coup to get Mayor Pradel to make the proclamation!

When you have some free time, which understandably may not be until after the open house, I recommend that you provide a summary to the readers [of Trapshooters.com] of all the efforts that are made to promote the Naperville Sportsman's Club and trap shooting. I think that the readers of Trapshooters.com could learn a lot from the success [and tribulations] of a club that is located in [alleged gun unfriendly] Illinois in the geographic center of a town that has 145,000 residents, which is 35 miles southwest of downtown Chicago. Furthermore, the facility is a Naperville Park District facility and trapshooting is the result of the a great working relationship between the members of the club and the park district. I think your primer on promoting the club, or a list of the top 10 things to help a club succeed, would help many members of other clubs to promote the shooting sports.

Once again, congratulations and best of luck conducting the annual open house.

Larry B [from South Carolina]

6. spitter

Hey Larry B.

Good to hear from you! How are those pine trees standing?!

Can you believe it - the club is celebrating 70 years and next year the range will be 60! I think events like this help in the long run - they're no guarantee, but being a part of the community and a good neighbor get our messages out there.

For many years, you were a great volunteer of our programs and wish you were back here! We'll have to catch up.

Jay

7. spitter

8. spitter

9. spitter

10. spitter

11. spitter

12. spitter

13. spitter

14. spitter

15. spitter

16. famill00

famill00 TS Member

17. spitter

18. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

How would one get to the club from I88 and Naperville Rd. I'd like to come by and see the club have two friend that are new to the area and the sport.

19. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Bruce I am new to the area also, but I found the club by using my GPS in my car and searching for address 724 west street naperville IL. I will let jay field your question exactly but if you do a mapquest search for that addy you should find it....it is in a park and there is a sign.

Forrest

20. spitter

Bruce -

From I88 go south on Naperville to Ogden Avenue intersection (Ford Dealership) go right (west) approx. 1.5 miles to Washington Street intersection (Mobil/BP gas stations) turn left (south) and drive approx. 2 miles into downtown Naperville.

Landmarks - pass under train viaduct, pass post office (Benton Av.) pass Barnes & Noble (Chicago Av. - close) stay to the right...next stop light is Aurora Av intersection (Burger King) turn right (west) approx 1 mile (pass High School) to West Street intersection, turn left (south) and stay to right, approx. 2 blocks on right - signs locate entrance.

For Mapquest - use 735 S. West Street, Naperville IL 60540

Thanks for your interest! email with any additional questions.

Jay Spitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.