1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers-vs-Cardinals...Super Bowl Winner is ???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mixer, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Ok what's your pick?

Eric

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I hope that the Cardinals can pull off what I think might be the upset. I would like to see a team win after 61 years of trying. Remember anything is possible on any given Sunday. Break-em all Jeff

3. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

I'm sure when the coaches view the films they will detect each others weakness. That number 29 for Arizona that plays defensive left end is afraid to make a tackle. He absolutly won't put his shoulder into a runner. If that Parker, 39 Steeler, can get going off his right side like he did last week he could give the Cardinals a rough time. I would say offensivly it is a toss up. Defensivly I would have to favor the Steelers. Post-2

4. CATdiesel

CATdiesel TS Member

As a colts fan I would love to see the Cards win this one, but I feel that the Steelers will end up with the title. The Steelers defense is just to good, healthy and they are a very good team after a week off. If the Cards can play them the way the Colts did, they have a chance.

Jason

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"That number 29 for Arizona that plays defensive left end is afraid to make a tackle."

He is not a DE, he is a 185 lb rookie cornerback that is not paid to make tackles. He is a real burner and played a lot of man because of the blitzs that the Cardinals were running.

On outside runs the CB's job is to keep the play inside so that the tackle is made by LBs or safties filling inside out.

Warner will handle the Steeler blitz and with the Cardinal receivers, I like their chances.

6. shaner

shaner Member

steelers all the way been a steeler fan for over 35yrs and aint givin up on them now!!!!!!

7. chuckles

chuckles Member

Terry Bradshaw, Mean Joe Green...go Steelers...

8. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Steelers.

Warner is the biggest cry-baby whiner in football.

9. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Latest line has the Steelers as 6&1/2 point favorites.

Eric

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

The Steelers............are my second choice.

Not that I'm a big Cardinal fan, but I would like to see an old Iowa boy do good one more time.

Go Kurt!

Hauxfan!

11. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

I have to agree with Pull and Mark. Its their time and I hope they win. Go Cardinals

12. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Curt Warner was a tear jerking story the 1st time he won it with the Rams.

Get your hankies out again!

Go Steelers!

FRedmon

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have mixed feelings about this game, I hope that the Cardinals can pull it off but wouldn't make any bets either way ... If some people who think Kurt Warner is a cry baby whiner were half the man Kurt Warner is the world would be a better place, I wonder how they would be if they were put in the same situation as he has graciously accepted as part of his life and family ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

How many hits can Warner take at 38? I don't think he will have the time to pass against the Steelers. 9 & 7 Vs. 13 & 3. Vegas does not favor losers. Go Steelers

15. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"Vegas does not favor losers."

Actually, Vegas doesn't predict winners or losers. Points are set to attract a 50/50 split on the betting so that the Sports Books can make as close to the full 10% on the vig as possible. They know that more of the ignorant will bet on the established Steelers rather than the newbie Cardinals so they have to give the suckers more points on the Cards.

16. JH

JH Well-Known Member

WHISENHUNT WILL HAVE HIS REVENGE!!!

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Breaking NEWS!... It has been discovered that a hoax has been pulled on Pittsburgh fans...When cross-examined sternly by police, Vince, the moron from all the infomercials on late night TV...it was uncovered that the last order of "terrible towels" were actually switched for "ShamWow's" ...at least it will absorb all of their terrible tears when they lose the big one....Crash&Burn Steelers!

18. bobcatv

bobcatv TS Member

Here we go again.

Will the REFS give the game to the STEALERS AGAIN????

Go Cards...

19. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Steelers... hands down !!!

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rootin' for Warner. Anyone who really knows the history of Curt knows he never whines. His wife,yes, but not Curt. Stick it to the Steelers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.