1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

STEELER fan helps BROWNS fan at Ohio State Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 700X-user, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 700X-user

700X-user Member

I traveled 3 hours from Pennsylvania to shoot at Marengo on Wednesday the 24th. Being the obnoxious, die-hard, Steeler fan that I am, I decided to wear my favorite team shirt to shoot in. After leaving the entry building I drove down to bank 6 where I was going to shoot. I opened my car door and stepped on a moneyclip loaded with a pretty thick wad of greenbacks. The good part was that the person that dropped it had placed their squadding receipt in with the money. I took the moneyclip to the entry building and gave it to a woman behind the squadding desk. I don't recall the shooters name but I did notice that he was shooting caps on squad 72 and that he was from Ohio.

At this point I felt the evil beast within me start to stir.

Several minutes later I heard the gentlemans name being paged on the P.A.

After I finished my caps I decided to look the man up and make sure he had heard the page. I tried to convince myself that I was just satisfying my curiosity on whether he got his moneyclip back. Deep down inside I knew there was an ulterior motive to my actions. I was lucky enough to run in to the squad leader of squad 72 almost immediately upon getting to bank 12. I asked him if he knew who had lost the moneyclip and he said yes and he pointed the fellow out to me. He urged me to say hello to the man because he was very grateful to have had his money returned. I then asked the squad leader if he knew if the man was a BROWNS fan. The squad leader started laughing and said that he knew that he was indeed a BROWNS fan. After looking at my shirt the squad leader started laughing a little harder. At this point I knew I should leave! The "beast" within me would not allow it. I slowly approached the man and sat down next to him. I asked him if I might have a word with him. He said yes and then I pounced! "If I knew you were a *&%@#)&% Browns fan I would have kept the money for myself!" I pointed to the STEELER emblem on my shirt as I said this to him.

After he quit laughing he shook my hand and we had a quick little chat about shooting, football, and whatever else. We had a few minutes because of a small backlog of squads on the bank.

Another trapshoot, another new friend!

For me it was the perfect ending to my little journey into the enemies backyard.

ED

2. 700X-user

700X-user Member

WOW! I expected at least 1 STEELER fan to read me the riot act!

3. shaner

shaner Member

steeler fan here also , and it all proves why we stand alot taller then the lowly brown fans hahahah we are a better grade of sports fans!!!!

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I thought we were all fans of the shotgun sports. That makes it even better. It has been my experience that, with people like Tron and DVerna as well as others. I have enjoyed Trap shooting even more than I think I would have otherwise. I just wish I could shoot more now. The body just isn't cooperating.

Jerbear

5. tweety1

tweety1 Member

What a Honest Steelers Fan:) GO STEELERS!!!!!!

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

700x, better than being a Steelers fan, or a Browns anti fan, or even a trapshooting fan you're an honesty fan. That's more important. Thanks for being that type of person. You're the type that restores our beleif in the human race. You did the right thing. Congradulations, Bulge.

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I had just pulled up behind BANK 2 and got my gun out of the case, put on my new shooting glasses that I had just bought after losing 3 sets of prescription
    lenses and frames as I had serached for them at several gun clubs and asked if anyone found them.

I took two steps into the grass and there on the ground is a Cars Remote Control door opener with a key, a plastic sort of yellow/orange tag and an
    Indiana University Ring. I looked around no one close, I went and shot with my squad and then took the ring/key/remote to lost and found and gave it to Sue Kaufman she put in lost and found, stopped back later and asked if they were claimed yet, she said no, so i went to Brad Dysinger and asked him to page the grounds that a Remote/Key/Ring had been found, JT Evans said you don't need to do that I saw the note in lost and found w/cell phone number and called him and he identified them JT told him to come and get them

Am glad that the HOOSIER shooter got his RING back, looked like an IU graduation or team ring.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. Herbert

Herbert TS Member

Anyone doubting that a Steelers Fan would be a stand-up guy like this really exists can believe it. I am the Browns Fan that lost his money clip and was surprised when everything was returned, I was sure it was gone forever. He would not even accept a reward. I must admit that I will never judge Steeler Fans as harshly as I've thought they deserved to be in the past.

ED please send me your name & address , we have a local product(Esther Price Chocolates) that I'm sure you would enjoy. Thanks again...Herbert (Harold Loper)

9. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Harold,

Nice to hear from you! After you found out that I was a STEELER fan, I bet you recounted the money in the moneyclip didn't you? LOL Just joking!!!!

I hope you had as big of a chuckle as I did after we met. I guess trapshooting heals all wounds.

I don't think it is a good idea to have Browns and STEELER fans near each other especially when guns are involved.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.