1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Steel shot through a S/S choke tube***************

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 682b, Sep 20, 2013.

1. 682b

682b Member

I sent a email to Hastings about their barrels and choke tubes 1 week ago. My question was about shooting steel shot through a s/s choke tube. I have had no response yet. I sold my waterfall 30" mag Hastings barrel to a friend and he asked me a question about choke tubes. I told him to go pattern the !/C tube That came with the barrel and see if he really need another one. If he wants a slightly tighter or a more open tube can he look for a S/S tube that fits.Thanks in advance for the advice. Jim

2. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

Lead Modified is Steel Full.

3. 682b

682b Member

Finding a or any listing for choke tube for a Hastings Waterfowel Barrel are hard to find. However listings for Hastings choke tubes abound. Some of these are marked S/S tubes. They do not advertise that they are for steel shot. I think my original post was not clear. If a choke tube is made out of S/S can steel shot be safely shot through it. Jim

4. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

You can shoot steel shot through a stainless tube.

5. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

"Lead Modified is Steel Full" according to the choke manufacturer ratings, not at the pattern board. Dr. Andrew did a test that showed steel actually shoots a little looser than lead with the same choke. Always check for yourself and compare apples to apples.

Search tags for this page

hasting choke tubes and steel shot

shooting steel shot through non steel choke tube

steel shot in hastings chokes