1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stealing at Wisconsin State Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by XXPowder, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

It's a little hard to believe, that a fellow trap shooter would steal a set of glasses from me, but here goes. A new shooters from the Jefferson trap club in Jefferson WI. No Names but here's how he did it! He got me to order a two sets of RX lenses and a set of glasses and Pay for overnight shipping telling me that he would pay for them when he got them. When I was out shooting hey came by my tent and told the person that I had watching it that he wanted his glasses and had paid for them. The person that gave him the glasses, caught up with him after an event and made him come back to my tent, he said he would go to an ATM and get the money. Never to be seen at the State Shoot. I'm meeting with the Waukesha Police dept to file charges on Monday. Two other shooters have to witness the complaint. I don't want to have do that, so if you see Pete and his buddy driving around in his Hummer, please tell Pete's buddy this is for real and once filed, the Police will deal with him.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I want to believe that this is a situation caused by some confusion and forgetfulness by the shooters and it will get resolved quickly. I hope I am correct.

Pat Ireland

3. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Pat, I wish I could say this was a misunderstanding, but one of the reasons I waited was because I had another shooter contact him in Jefferson. He said he didn't have the money to pay for them. Do you think that the ATA would do anything to him. The Waukesha Gun Club took some bad checks from a guy at a shoot and contacted the ATA. The ATA stepped in send a letter telling him to pay up or they would expell him from the ATA.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Hummer payments must be pretty high for a guy to do that.

This is larceny pure and simple. Keep after the cops, maybe you'll get somewhere.

I had my checkbook lifted out of the truck at Tucson 2 years ago, and the guy tried an identity theft operation on me. Bank paid all the losses after I filed police report.

I never did find out what happened but the dumbass perp paid his cable bill which was in his name out of my bank account. Duh.

HM

5. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

In racing cars and trap shooting you will always have folks that can't afford it. Allen

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

There are some people who are simply dishonest... they are thieves masquerading as trap shooters. Book them Dano! 25 years spent in juvenile corrections has given me a twisted perspective on the human condition. Fred

7. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Pat there is "no" confusion about this issue. I gave the shooter the glasses in Tom's absence, after being told they were paid for. I feel bad because Tom works very hard to meet shooters needs. He always goes out of his way to get shooters their shooting glasses quickly and at a much better rate than most other vendors do! And this is what he get for his courtesy and kindness!! Ask any person who has bought from Tom they are always pleased with his service & price.

Thanks

Rick Brohmer

8. Beretta 46

Beretta 46 TS Member

The forgetful one should be hogtied with an apple in his mouth for everyone to see and then banned by the ATA for six months to jog his memory.

Sara

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I'm not sure if the ATA can or will assist you in getting paid but it can't hurt to ask, especially if this was a registered shoot ... The clubs he frequents might be your best way to collect, if he gets a bad name and they won't let him shoot at the clubs it might just open his eyes and jog his memory ... Put his name on here, make him look like a thief to those that know him and he might think a little differently also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. halfmile

Well, be a gentleman. Start a new Thread " (insert name) forgot to pay at wisconsin. Contact me Immediately!!"

Then threaten to have him busted for larceny. That way you are not slandering and have your skirts clean.

HM

11. GRR

GRR TS Member

This is an outrage, I would trust my K-80 with any trap shooter,but we have to analyze the situation just a little. First the person in question is from Jefferson, witch is located somewhere between Milwaukee and Madison the two most liberal cities in WI. These are people who don't like prisons or harsh punishment so crime means very little and always happens to someone else.

It's bad enough that our good young shooters have to attend college out of state because UW or other state universities have no scholarships for shooting or even a shooting programs. It's so bad the UW dropped baseball, it must have been because they had bats, and a good liberal ranks bats, knives and guns in the same bag. I can just see it now, little Johnny expelled from school for bringing a bat to school.

I better stop or I'll get on the Governor next........

Hope you get paid for you glasses.

Gary R

12. halfmile

LOL shootlow, 25 yrs. Hee Hee.

HM

13. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to bet half the people on here have had marriage problems and more have had money problems sometime in their lifetime. Regardless you still don't stiff a guy out of whats due him.

I've seen a lot of disagreement on this forum but when it come down to the nitty gritty honesty is one of the virtues amongst the posters on this site.

Bill

14. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

We are missing something here it seems- the dots dont connect

If you arent willing to name names- your own and others- that makes it even more suspicious

Gene

15. Hauser

Hauser Member

Shooter Glasses 1001 / Rico46

Why dont you do everyone a favor that reads this web-site and post the names of the people involved?

Im sorry you were the victim but these shooters stole from you and they need to be exposed.

Jerry Hauser

16. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Advocate your right. I made a mistake trusting the guy! I should have asked to see a reciept but then again I see these guys week in and week out. I'd like to think he was honest, evidently I was wrong.

Rick Brohmer

17. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Shootlow, et. al.: Yes, I spent 25 years in "the slammer". I arrived at 7:30 AM and LEFT at 5:00 PM. I was school principal of the largest juvenile facility in the country and also had many of the probation camps in Los Angeles County. Gosh, I loved the smell of pepper spray in the morning! Fred

18. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Thanks Guys for you interest in my problem. I think we have a solution! I got a call from Pete, first of all he said the guy is not really his best friend. Second after this he may not be his friend after all this. He suggested meeting for lunch and he would pay for the glasses and collect from John.
    I would also like to let people know that I did not want to involve the Jeffereson Gun Club in this. I was a liitle hot and most people will understand why. I'm sorry for any trouble I caused to anyone, except the SOB that riped off the glasses. Thanks Tom Hoppe

19. Iampro-hunting

Iampro-hunting TS Member

With all due respect....... would you please put a name to the thief so nobody else gets ripped off. In not exposing this dirt bag you are in a round about way helping him to steal from other people. The story is obviously true so there is no need to worry about any slander lawsuits. Just because your problem is getting solved please do not let it become someone elses.

20. hummer pete

hummer pete TS Member

yes hummer payments are high but has no bearing on the innosent. first of all the use of words like them and they are wrong when i had nothing to do with this sale. i have purchased glasses lens ear protection from tom and always paid him cash on delivery and thanked him for his experiance in this field and belive he is truly a shooters friend. implimenting me in this is like calling a chip after shooting the trap house.second jefferson trap club has nothing to do with this and is a member run club second to none where honesty and pride are the norm but 1 bad apple always seems to spoil the barrel. so lets name that apple john kressin nephew of once great gib kressin now deceased,this is the name that has shamed the state shoot . furthermore i have been helping in the recovery for this sale with another member and after just talking to tom will be meeting him buying lunch and paying for this shooters glasses and will recover these funds my self to put this to rest.upstanding people do outstanding things, this shooter was 1 of 10 shooters that was with me at the state shoot and am not resposible for his non payment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.