1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Staynless Shot Primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by porky, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porky

porky TS Member

I have a couple of thousand primers from Winchester that have the word stainless spelled as staynless. I was wondering if someone could tell me the year the spelling of the word staynless changed to the new form we see today of stainless. And yes, they work really well.

2. 686

686 TS Member

are those primers from the late 60's ? that was my first ones to load with. i still have about18 shells i loaded in 69. i shot some over my cron. and they were very close in fps to each other. they have not been stored very good eather. not bad for 40 yrs.

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Staynless was a trade name. You can't copyrite a commonly used word (stainless) so what companies do is spell it in a non-standard way, and then they can copyrite that. Winchester was trying to get across the point that these primers don't corrode easily...........I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.