1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stay out of downown Portland this Sunday

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <br>
    A HUGE anti-war demonstration is planned. It's going to circle the heart of the downtown core business area, something like 37+ square blocks, cutting them off from customers and employees. It will overlap (on purpose) the bus mall and light rail lines in order to snarl them. The beginning and end of the march is expected to overlap at the Park Blocks. Time is from noon to 5PM.<br>
    <br>
    If this is like the huge anti-war rallys in the past that got out of control (with the help of the Eugene Anarchists), expect tear gas, rubber bullets and massive property damage (one protest had tens of thousands of dollars worth of smashed windows, and also extremely strong acid splashed onto buildings to discolor the stonework.)<br>
    <br>
    If they can pull off a demonstration without violence or property damage, fine. That's their right. And more power to them for exercising their right IN A PEACEFUL WAY, even if I don't agree with them. But they have a bad habit and proven track record of getting out of control when the protests are this large, because the anarchists and violent elements know they've overtaxed the local police.<br>
    <br>

2. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

If history is any guide, I'd be a lot more worried about the Portland Police getting out of control. I was a graduate student at Portland State in spring 1970 when some protestors camped in the park blocks to protest the Cambodian incursion. They brought in busloads of police in riot gear to sweep them out. I was watching from the second floor of the student union as the cops formed up at the south end of the Park Blocks and then charged in, nightsticks swinging. I watched as one knocked over a guy on crutches, then used a crutch to beat him unconcious. It reminded me of films from Selma, Alabama.

3. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

The intellect of the demonstrators is about the same as the Portland police. I was born and raised in Oregon but down town Portland is like San Francisco. The Cops are queers The core group that hang out in downtown Portland are queers. Thanks for the warning Brian but I wouldn't go down town Portland under almost any circumstance. Not my kind of people.

post-2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.