1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Staub inertia control

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by revbook, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revbook

revbook Member

Just discovered that a gun I bought has a "Staub Inertia Control" device in the buttstock. I tried to do a Google search for them but nothing came up. Anyone have any information? Are they good devices?

Don in PA

2. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread.cfm?Threadid=319233&ShowDeleted=Yes&SortBy=ASC

Try "Bing.com" for your search .... I found a bunch of stuff.

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

If my memory serves me right they are a Mercury Device

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. rebeldog1

rebeldog1 TS Member

Sounds like a fancy name for a recoil reducer,my new Stoeger M3500 came with a weight that screws onto the bolt that the stock is attached with.Mercury filled recoil reducers are available to take up some of the force of recoil by liquid absorption of the force,maybe a search of recoil reducers would get you better results.

5. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I have a 6 oz. Staub mercury recoil reducer in the butt stock of an 870 TA. I also have several Edwards 4 oz. mercury recoil reducers in the butt stocks of various 870's.

Eith the Staub unit or the Edwards unit is simply a closed cylinder containing mercury and some type of mesh that impedes the flow of the mercury upon firing.

Once in the stock, you can shake the gun and hear the mercury sloshing around.

These devices do reduce felt recoil simply because they add weight to a gun. Maybe the liquid mercury helps, maybe it does not.

There was a man named Jimmy Johnson (AA/27) who sold them at the KY State Shoot. My 6 oz. model for an 870 cost about $75.

I have seen Staub units that attached to the front stock and/or under the barrel of break action trap guns.

Ed Ward

6. illtrap1

illtrap1 Member

Staub reducers were some of the first mercury reducers made.He lived in Alton Illinois,Bill was his first name and he shot trap and Edwards reducers had lead and a spring in them Jessie Edwards also lived in Alton Illinois.Around 1975-1976.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bill staub interia control

rebeldog1

staub controls

staub mercury inertia control

staub mercury inertia control prices
staub mercury nertia

staub mercury recoil reducer

stuab inertia control