1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Station 5?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by C H S, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C H S

C H S TS Member

<I>HUH???</I>

Andy

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Do not give up a pay the forfeit to the loo. The more you become convinced that the left target from 5 is difficult, the more difficult it will become. Do not anticipate a hard right from post 5 as I sometimes do. This makes the left angle more difficult. The trap machine can read your mind and it gets great joy from tricking you.

Pat Ireland

3. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Shoot at it as a straight away, which in fact it is. Focus, focus, focus. RG

4. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

The leading edge of the target. Since it is a "straight-away" should be really top edge of the bird except we all know they might curve a bit.

I'd say you are just doing something a little different than before (little faster with release?) and I would bet on either shooting below it or shooting over it, with the under being more likely, rather than to the side of it.

all the best,
    john

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

If those targets are set according to ATA 2 hole standards, other than a "freak" but still legal bird, you shouldn't get ANY true straight aways from post 5 or 1. If set accordingly, you'd have to move about three feet to the left of 5 or to the right of 1 to get a true straight away bird. Shoot those as a straight and you'll miss behind is my guess.

Mis-reading a targets angle by a few inches, coupled with a few inches pointing error equals a missed bird.

PAT? Hap

6. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

A little more lead in the gut will probable give you more than a rib adjustment. More likely lead poisoning? RG

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Leading the hard left bird from post 5 is a little different. Usually when we think of leading a bird we move the gun past the bird but not in this case. You have to move the gun to the left and the bird is actually moving a little toward the right. This comes close to spot shooting in front of the bird without ever having the gun move through the bird.

Pat Ireland

8. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

Pat,

I have trouble with this one too, should we be aiming on the leading edge of the target?

Also, is it possible to lock the trap in this position for practice until we get the sight picture correct?

Thanks,

Mike

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Mike- I would not suggest aiming at anything. I look at the target and I might, or might not see a very out of focus front sight. My body moves the gun where I am looking without me consciously doing anything. My gun just goes off by itself when things are right. But, looking closely at the target without lifting your head is not easy.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.