1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Station 2 problems

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by richrob, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrob

richrob TS Member

I dont know why but im having problems at station 2, probably 95% of my misses. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you correct it? Thanks, Rich

2. richrob

richrob TS Member

I start off aiming the gun about a quarter of the way across the house from the right side, and about 8-12 inches above the house. I was told to start aiming a little higher for the middle three stations. I generaly call for the target with both eyes open then close my left, I'm a righty. -Rich

3. JGS

JGS Member

I had the same problem. I often would miss a quarter left target from post two. I tried different hold points, foot positions, etc., and nothing seemed to help. I had taken Nora Martin's class and ran into her at a shoot. I asked if she would watch me shoot the next 25 targets and explained my problem to her. She said I was dropping my right arm on left hand targets instead of rotating my body properly and that caused me to shoot over some of the left targets. I now make sure I keep my elbow up and the problem is solved. You might give that a try or have someone watch you shoot and see if that is what you are doing.

4. OhioBob

OhioBob TS Member

Watch out for the infamous "raising your head" syndrome...just spent some time today at the trap field video taping a shooter.

You could NOT see it in real time, but when playing back the video in slow motion on TV, the shooters head could be seen to move away from the stock just a split second before the trigger pull. I had stood there for a whole round and could not detect it in "real time".

As others have said many times....the use of video is a very useful tool.

Try and find someone to video your "face to stock" contact up close just to make sure this is not the underlying problem.

Bob T

5. IM390

IM390 Member

Aim dead center on the house and keep the front bead below the front edge.

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I thought "Station 2" was in skeet, and "Post 2" was in trap?

So, which one are you having trouble with?

Skeet or trap?

Hauxfan!

7. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

thinkin the same thing Hauxfan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.