1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Station 1 problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by silverBB, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverBB

silverBB TS Member

chatbrat, I found that I had major probs with station 1 on hard left birds...but am a left hand shooter. What I found was that as I went for the left flying birds, I saw two barrels out there; the real one and the 'ghost'. The more I worked to the left the more the 'ghost' leads the real one and I was shooting with the 'ghost' on the bird.....and missing. I expect it is the same thing for right-hand shooters working to the right. I finally got this between my ears and slowed down a little, concentrated harder on the bird, and put on an EZ-HIT sight. The EZ-HIT allows only the shooting eye (be it right or left) to see the little green (or red) dot out there, and where it is is where the shot goes. The realization of the ghost leading my actual barrel, slowing down a little, and the sight helped me, it may help you. Mike

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

The straight away from station one used to give me a real pain in the neck. A coach finally determined that I was pushing the gun away from my face to get to the bird from the point I was holding on station one when calling. He convinced me to hold for the extreme right target on stations one & two. It only requires one direction of movement to reach a bird and for a right hander, it's pulling the gun into your face. Been doing it for years now for both singles & hdcp and haven't had that problem since. A left hander can just turn it around to stations 4 & 5 if that problem arises for them.

Big Jack

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Could the problem be that the "straight away' target you are shooting from post one is not a straight away target. From post one, the most extreme right target should be less than straight away.

Pat Ireland

4. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

When I developed that problem on post 5, I went to the club and shot 6 boxes of shells standing on post 5 only. After 150 birds from that post the problem was gone, permanently! You need to get rid of the problem by seeing just what it takes to hit a whole bunch of them. Simple as pie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trouble with trap station 1