1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

static in a powder funnel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Old Cowboy, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Got a new powder funnel, one of those green plastic RCBS ones. Powder (Hodgdon Benchmark) wants to stick to the sides, any ideas on how to get the static out?

John C. Saubak

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Wash it with a solution of dish detergent and water and then let it dry without rinsing it off. It will eventually stop sticking.

3. yzfart

yzfart TS Member

Rub a used Bounce sheet in it. Works great.

Ben

4. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

I saw that static in my first funnel when I started reloading in 1966, scared me. I bought an aluminum funnel that day. No static and still have that funnel. Since then I've bought and gave away 20 or so to family and friends.........GOOD LUCK

ps I know there will be someone that has been using plastic for a hundred years and no problem. Well, 1 lb of powder + 1 spark = rain on someones parade........

Why take a chance ??????

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

John:

yz's got it. Wipe down the surface of your funnel (or any other plastic surface) and the static is all gone. Works on powder bottles too.

sissy

6. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Shady Creek, rest assured your plastic funnel will not start sparking.

7. quartering

quartering Active Member

first of all, a static spark won't ignite powder for a bunch of different reasons. but static is a nuisance. go to an ace hardware where they don't screw you on the price of aluminum funnels and pick up a couple in different sizes. good luck with it

8. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I have used nothing but plastic funnels for shot and powder for 40 years. Never had a static problem or any other problem with a plastic funnel. Keeping the relative humidity between 35 and 50 percent eliminates all static problems.

Jim Skeel

9. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Thank's for the suggestions guys......tried the used Bounce sheet trick first and it worked great! amazing.....

John C. Saubak

10. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

11. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Quartering, I didn't know if it would or not, I didn't take any chances....ACE is the place for me too......GOOD LUCK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

plastic reloading funnels and static

powder funnel static problems