1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

States preparing for civil disobediance

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by slic lee, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

This is no BS. States are having their PD's practice which makes me believe that more against us is coming and we should prepare.
    What ever happened to the private 120K man force obama was making up? Lee
    How soon will we all be protesting like egypt and the rest of the world

2. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

I just returned from the Westminster Kennel Club Dog show in New York City. After the show we went to Times Square, there were at least 12 Police cars lined up on the street and they would start up and run lights and siren around the block they did this twice when we were there. Here is a Utube clip of it that I found from November. It appears they are "Practicing" show of force.
    Interesting........
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yzG93KHrDs

3. claybreaker808

claybreaker808 Member

I believe the protests in the US will follow those of the unionized public workers in Greece when the government threatened to cut pay and benefits due to their horrendous budget deficit.

CNN featured an article today about protests of this nature by unionized teachers in Wisconsin (http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/02/17/wisconsin.budget/index.html?hpt=T1). Approximately 46 states face severe budget deficits and bloated, inefficient government programs and schools staffed by politically powerful and highly paid union officials that will fight to the death for their "right to collective bargaining."

America faces a sad future because collectivists believe that the ultimate political unit is the group and their needs must be met at the expense of the individual. Our once proud American individualism is being trampled by European collectivism that will lead to an irreversible paternalistic state.

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Wait till they anounce there is no money left in SS. and welfare and foods stamps to be slashed to the bare bones.

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Not long ago there was a governors conference held to discuss this situation if it occurs. I read some time back that the federal government refurbished a air force base for a detainment center. I think it would be very wise to start stocking up on foods, bottled water (gal. jugs) propane cooking cylinders. You can put 100 lbs. of pasta, rice etc in plastic storage containers, and the stuff lasts for years, and don't forget to stock up on 5.56 and or 7.62's.

6. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

It's coming.

Curt

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

uh oh, we better start hoarding ammo and guns again....I have my tin foil helmet on, hunkered down in my comand bunker in the basement with a stack of MREs, shortwave radio, guns loaded and ready to go....of couse my radio is tuned to Rush Limbaugh so I can keep myself up to date and know when it's safe to come out of the bunker...

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    We've already seen how government behaves in a natural disaster - the first thing they do is ignore the criminals and go round up the firearms of the law-abiding, leaving them at the mercy of thugs.

Just watch martial law be declared when riots turn ugly, and the gun roundups will start.

9. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Lots of Chicken Little's here, which will no doubt create another unfounded ammo shortage for awhile. Anyone who thinks the government will try to take the guns of citizens is badly mistaken. Politicians know that nothing will result but an absolute bloodbath. Americans will fight to the death to keep their arms and they know it. Their real concern should be defensive in nature. People are pissed off - and armed.

10. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Hawk46, Obviously you don't remember that far back. Does Katrina mean anything to you? door to door confiscation of all firearms then you had to show proof of ownership to get your guns back. Did you ever hear of anybody being charged with violating the peoples constitutional rights?

11. shelly

shelly TS Member

The liberal bozos with the stupid handles are babbling again.

12. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Tool, let 'em try that on a national basis. It would pose a nightmare for them. Yes, Hitler did it but the people weren't armed to the teeth to begin with, and most believed he was their great savior and willingly complied for the most part. I think there is no such sentiment toward O'Bummer.

To each his own, but I'm not going to be burying my guns in the back yard anytime soon. If they come for them some day I'll see to it that they get the bullets first, as will the majority of gun owners. I doubt that many members of the armed forces and law enforcement agencies would have much of a stomach for it anyway. Most are just like us - patriots.

13. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Someone asked me a question. They are throwing rocks in Egypt and Tunisia, Libya and the other countries where they are protesting. They still do this even after some of the protesters were killed by the police (security forces). Why didn't the protesters just shoot back?

I tried to explain that those governments did not let many of their citizens even own guns. Only the connected and government endorsed people had the guns. The point just did not get through to her. She couldn't figure out why the people did not have guns. (Yes, it was a person who normally leans well to the left.)

Now compare that to Iraq and Afghanistan where there seems to be guns, and I mean full auto capable firearms, and explosives all over the countryside. If the majority of those people ever made a serious unified effort to overthrow the government (or the U.S. military that is supporting the government), what kind of all out war would take place? If you had to fight, would you rather have a 2 Lb. hunk of granite or a 150 Gr. hunk of lead in your hand?

14. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Shelly and peerless, IMHO the "bozo" group consists of those who would prefer to sit back and engage in sniping and name-calling rather than engaging in meaningful discussion. If you can't or won't do that, your posts contribute nothing save to lengthen the thread. Nothing personal, but I'm about as pro-gun a conservative as they come. I feel no need to defend myself against anyone who only prefers to engage in name-calling. Pitch in and say something intelligent or go back to watching soap operas.

15. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Pyrdek, exactly right. While there are not a large amount of auto's in the hands of US citizens, there are a whole lot of small arms and hi-cap mags. If the government ever tried to confiscate our guns there would indeed be a huge bloodbath. American's would never stand for it (except those in NYC, LOL).

16. Brian in Oregon

<i>"Lots of Chicken Little's here, which will no doubt create another unfounded ammo shortage for awhile. Anyone who thinks the government will try to take the guns of citizens is badly mistaken. Politicians know that nothing will result but an absolute bloodbath. Americans will fight to the death to keep their arms and they know it. Their real concern should be defensive in nature. People are pissed off - and armed. "</i>

Did you come of age after Hurricane Katrina?

17. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Read about the future in the book, "Unintended Consequences". Good read regardless...

18. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Brian, nope. I had mixed emotions about it at the time but I didn't view it as a pre-cursor to, or the government's ability to take the guns of all Americans. That was a temporary response in a localized catastrophe situation that has, IMO, no relationship to a nationalized effort to take guns from Americans. If they try, it ain't gonna be successful - at least not in my neighborhood.

19. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Anchor, I've heard of it, haven't read it, thanks for the lead. Believe me, I'm not saying that I'm not concerned that there might not be a national effort to control our guns some day in the future. What I am saying is that American's will never relinquish them without a fight to the death. Egyptians and now Iranians and Libyrians are revolting with bottles, rocks and sticks. We have guns, and we will keep them. What do you think our chances are if it comes down to it? Can the govenment rely on it's military force to shoot and bomb their own families in the event of resistance/revolt? I think not. Iranian soldiers don't seem to mind killing their own right now, but I expect that will change soon. Their leaders know this, and there is already talk of some capitulation. It will be interesting to see where it ends up.

20. Brian in Oregon

<i>"Brian, nope. I had mixed emotions about it at the time but I didn't view it as a pre-cursor to, or the government's ability to take the guns of all Americans. That was a temporary response in a localized catastrophe situation that has, IMO, no relationship to a nationalized effort to take guns from Americans. If they try, it ain't gonna be successful - at least not in my neighborhood."</i>

The keyword in the thread title is "states", not "feds".

I believe that the locals will exercise whatever power they think they can get away with to support whatever agenda they have when a crisis comes. Few politicians or bureaucrats understand or care about what is constitutional and what isn't.

That obviously happened in New Orleans. And it has happened elsewhere as well, and will happen in the future as well.

Some gunowners have stood up. But that was a long time ago. (See link.) But there was no stiff backbone in New Orleans. Gunowners were cut out of the herd one by one and disarmed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.