1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

State Zone Shoot Rules Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by garmonbozia, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garmonbozia

garmonbozia TS Member

This is in a State Zone shoot. I'll leave out the particulars of what State, and when.

Also, I have no dog in this fight, as I was not even there. The results are posted on the club's website, so there is no doubt.

I could be wrong, but I think the club management made a mistake.

It is concerning the Zone Championship doubles event.

The event champion is awarded both "Event Champion," and "Class A Champion" which I believe to be a mistake.

Does the following apply in this case?

SECTION X

STATE AND ZONE SHOOT

D. ATA TROPHIES

1. Only one (1) ATA trophy shall be awarded to any one (1) person in any separate event. This means a contestant may not win a special category trophy and an ATA event champion (runner up etc) or ATA class trophy. Trophies not provided by ATA to States/Provinces or Zones are exempt from this rule. Please see paragraph E. and H. of this section.

I understand the shooter who was awarded both trophies took the high road, and did not accept the Class A trophy.

Seems to me like the next best Class A score should have been awarded Class A champion.

Correct, or Incorrect?

garmonbozia

2. 870

870 Well-Known Member

The rule you are referencing applies to ATA Zone Shoots, not State Zone shoots.

That said, usually management would follow the ATA rule even when not dealing with ATA trophies. In my opinion, and that's all it is, they should not give Event Champ and Class Winner trophies to the same person. It is not against the rules though.

3. garmonbozia

garmonbozia TS Member

Shawn,

No, I am not sure of that.

That's what I was not sure of, whether a State Zone shoot has the same rules as an ATA zone shoot.

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The Canadian Championship Shoot will be held in Brandon Manitoba this year. This is the only shoot that I know of where a Category shooter say Veteran is only eligible for the Category trophy and Not a Class trophy because he entered the Event as a Veteran. Some shooters pick and choose which Events they will enter as a Veteran or not because of this strange method of awarding trophies.

5. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

870 is correct. ATA rules apply only to ATA trophies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.