1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

State teams at the Grand?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Vickie, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vickie

Vickie Member

Was wondering if anyone knew how the state team races came out? Didn't see any California teams up there but thought the ladies from Ca shot pretty good and didn't see their names listed anywhere?????? Was Ca even entered? What shooters were on the teams? Does anyone know who sent the names in?

Vickie

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Vickie,

Dave Kelly put together the CA team.

Don't know who all was on it.

Were the doubles finished? If not, then that would explain why no info is available yet.

3. Vickie

Vickie Member

As far as I know the doubles were finished.

You mean the California Delegate isn't here yet?

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Vickie,

James should be here today (Saturday.)

5. Vickie

Vickie Member

Wow that's a bummer. Guess he was a day late. The three ca ladies that I know shoot everything and are here, were only 5 targets behind the 1 st place Pennsylvania girls. That's too bad for us I guess

6. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Vickie,

As you and I discussed in today's text messages the teams were submitted on time and with the correct shooters for each team.  You know, is all you had to do was ask David or me and your questions/concerns would have been answered and addressed.  

There was an error on shoot managements reporting as to who the winning teams were which is out of our control.   That should be corrected at this point.  The California Lady's team was beat by three or four other state teams and unfortunately did not place.

You being a former alternate delegate should know who and where to get the information and have a responsibility to our state and shooters to verify information before you insinuate and stir the pot by posting on a national venue.   I do believe you owe David an apology for saying and I quote you, "If he can't do the job he shouldn't be attempting to do it".  David did a great job and California is lucky to have him as an Alternate Delegate and a Ambassador for California.  

One thing I believe we all owe ourselves, shooters, and California, is to be ambassadors to this sport.  That is the only way we can gain respect as an organization and as a state.

Respectfully Submitted,

James Hammond

California Delegate

7. Vickie

Vickie Member

Jim, I don't think I insinuated anything on my post on the "national venue" except that possibly you weren't here to take care of it. And, you being the ambassasador of our sport that you are, should know better than to put on this national venue what I said about "he", meaning who?

You were in our camp today, why didn't you reprimand me then, instead of the ambassadorish way on trapshooters.com? You obviously know where I am (since you were here today chit chatting for several minutes) and you could have given me this pep talk then!

I understand now that there was a clerical computer mistake, but it was posted, and it was posted for two days wrong. As it stood (wrong) the California team(s) would have placed, so it only seems logical that the California team members would begin to wonder why their names weren't listed as having placed!

I thank you, James Hammond, for getting to Sparta and getting to the bottom of this ordeal! Whew. And, do please come back to my camp and chit chat anytime with us! It's always great to visit with fellow trapshooting ambassadors! Are you shooting this week? If so, good luck to you, James Hammond! And thanks again.

Sincerely,

Vickie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.