1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

state shoots

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Literalist, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

OK, this is the time of year I start daydreaming. Which state shoots should I attend where someone will furnish free booze?

I'm gonna convince some of the SW Iowa clowns to go with me (Maltzie? CO 369? Sandy?) to come along.

Where shall we go? Cost not important, Maltzie is rich.

2. Donm

Donm Active Member

Come on up to Wisconsin. This will most likely be the last time the state shoot will be at Waukesha. We hope to have the NEW home grounds open and running for 2013. You could come for the last and the first. Look me up we always have beer, bourbon, and brats.

July 17 to the 22.

3. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Oklahoma, Kansas, Illinois, Minnesota, along with Iowa and Missouri are good close shoots although, I may be the only one to recognize your true attributes and talents. Also, you can count on me NOT to "tip off" the locals as to your true identity. Anonymity in new places can have its advantages!!....lol..merlyn

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Well...come to Alaska. We have free booze, if that's your focus.

But we also have king salmon, halibut, red salmon, glaciers, hiking, mountains, bears, beautiful scenery.

And over $14,000 worth of trophies - including custom combo embroidered americases for ALL classes - AA to D - HOA, HOA, HAA, and non-resident HOA.

Last year was a ribeye steak feed on Saturday night. Friday night is a salmon feed. All you can eat.

You wanna dream??? There's one for you....

5. CO - 369

CO - 369 TS Member

Maltzie just bought a new suv, that might make it to Alaska. Gas money might be a problem. On the other hand, Kansas is close. Never been to their state shoot, and since Pheasant Master married into money, free booze should be no problem. I'm in!

6. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

Jeff.....you shooting tomorrow?

7. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

I am !!! What JeffP said is a great shoot.He has helped organize a great shoot and we so have a lot of fun.FREE BEER if that is what it takes and I will make sure the brand you drink is in the keg !!!!!!!!!

Ben Olsen

8. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

We usually pass around a Mason jar of something called "apple pie" at the Kentucky state shoot. I don't know what this stuff is as there is no label on the jar but you sure forget any aches and pains you might have.

Yes, we wait until after we have shot and are sitting around lying and making excuses to one another about the wind, sun, and trap pullers with big chests and blond hair.

I sure wish it was late June and 90 degrees in the shade.

Ed Ward

9. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

Hey Merlyn don't send us in Illinois any more sandbaggers, we have enough all ready. :) The shooters from Minn. has blown the whistle on the Lit already.

10. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

Ed you are right about the trap pullers with big chests and blond hair. They will cause you to miss targets, if you think about. :)

11. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

BEN

Other states have trappers with big chest and blond hair.......you need to get on that........

12. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Lit.. In Illinois we always keep a supply of "free" local beer on ice for those who drop in.

Bring your own opener, no pull tops on these.
    [​IMG]

13. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Denny, Don't leave out MT. The shoot is in Beautiful Helena this year. I have some Bud Light in Bowling pin bottles, (it was a birthday present from my Bowler brother back when I turned 40) Let's see that was ...almost 20 years ago. It should be aged just right for you.

Hope to see you there, it's the week just before Alaska. You could shoot with us and them the following week.

Rick in MT

14. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

RLC323:

Opener? Didn't senior learn you anything about church keys?

Dang pups anyway.

sissy : )

15. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I'm planning on Helena MT too but it will be Moose Drool and not that stuff that was called Bunny Piss when I lived in MN.

16. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

SC has in the past had free Budweiser on tap at the Satuday nite free fish dinner. Good folks, good beer, good fish, good times.

Just don't try to get ahead of me in line.

17. ric3677

Mike, He wants "free" beer. Not about to spend high dollars on this cheapskate. He probably won't even spend the bucks on fuel to get out here. LOL

Rick in MT

18. The Literalist

Well, I've actually started to research the shoots. DonM's offer for Wisconsin is on the right track. Shoot is an 8-hr drive. Not too bad. It's on the short list.

Illinois is less than 3 hours. That's a "for sure, probably, maybe"

Montana's shoot is clear up next to the Russian border. Google says 23 hours. Dang. I'd like to come but not THAT far.

CO369 says he's in for Kansas. That's 5 hours from me. If he's going, that's also on the list. (We could meet in KC, Dan.)

Being considered also: Kentucky, Indiana, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Arkansas.

Iowa is an "Unless I die" certainty. As is Missouri.

And Merlyn's message was garbled on here. Couldn't read his Mizzooory accent. I think he was trying to say how handsome I am. Thanks, Merlyn :)

Fun to plan and scheme. :)

19. ric3677

I drove all the way thru that State of Yourn to get to the Grand last summer and only shot 300 targets and never had an offer of a beer from anyone. Also had to put up with the Heat and unbearable humidity. Now you say that you can't possibly come to beautiful Montana and shoot 1300 targets?...oops 1340 with the Butte Medal.

Oh well, I'll just have to squad with some unknown.

Rick in MT

20. The Literalist

Rick...I'd never say never. Now if one or more of the SW Iowa Clowns wanted to go...hmmmmm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.