1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

State Shoots: When and Where

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tjwatc, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjwatc

tjwatc TS Member

I was wondering if anyone knew the location and the dates of the Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana State shoots.

Then I thought this might be good place to let others know of when your home state shoot is and where.

I know that some of this information is in Trap and Field, but I am still waiting on my first issue to arrive.

Thanks for the info.

2. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Find or get your Trap and Field mag and go to OFFICAL ATA SHOOT DIRECTORY section near the back of themag. There on the left side of the page will be the state shoot dates that they have. They will add others but you can look through the pages there after and might find others.

3. JStephens

JStephens TS Member

Washington State's (ATA) State shoot will be June 19-22 @ Walla Walla Gun Club. Oregon's (ATA) State shoot is "probably" going to be April 3-6 @ Walla Walla Gun Club as well. The Oregon date is not set in Concrete yet, but more than likely via a dependable source.

John Stephens

WSTA Sec-Treasurer

4. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Montana State Shoot

Starts the Wed after the 4th of July. It is in Helena this year and they put on a good shoot. All Pat Traps and Voice calls. Bring your A game.

See ya there........Rickyd

5. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

tjwatc - the ATA web site will tell you this information but not until the paperwork to register the shoot has arrived and has been processed. This is also true for T&F magazine. But, you will find a real pattern when it comes to State Shoot Dates. I will offer you the following: All state shoots must be completed before the Zone Shoot and the Zone Shoot must be before the Grand American. This means all the state shoots are completed before the end of July. States usually grab dates and stick with that weekend year after year. Around here Delaware is Memorial Day weekend, New Jersey is the weekend after, PA starts a 10 day shoot the weekend after that, MD follows, Va is 4th of July weekend (actually they rearranged Va this year but when thinking about their shoot, think July 4 and you will be close) and the Eastern Zone is at the end of July. This pattern repeats every year so you can get pretty good idea of what weekends you will need to block out.

My wife has simplified her planning and just assumes that I am shooting every weekend for the summer and at least every Sunday from April - Oct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.