1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

State shoots and manufactures support

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I did not see any big names at our Mass state shoot. There where only a few people selling goods. Mike Lavallee, Doug Whiton , and a shooter selling some leather shooting bags and other items. No representation from the manufactures. I would think at least Smith&Wesson might be there? They are in massachusetts! Wasnt exspecting them to have a huge spread of countless guns or ammo. I was thinking I would see something. I really had a good time shooting my first state shoot. Mike had some nice guns for sale, doug had a good selection of componants. looking forward to next year and possibly a zone shoot.

2. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

$$ Can you say it costs money!

How many folks were at the shoot?

38-01615

3. MX3SBOY

MX3SBOY TS Member

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

just thought i might see something, besides the ATA members who supports US?

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

MACLELLAN, You have started shooting too late. 20 to 30 years ago you would have seen probably 2 Remington reps, 2 more from Federal, and probably another from Winchester. Those days will never be seen again I'm afraid. At least not in our area.You also would have seen 400 shooters instead of the 300 that participate today, if we're lucky with good weather forecasted. There is not the attendance to warrant the vendor participation of years gone by. You could have bought your ammo and components inside from the club, competitively priced,including your own states sales tax. Your outside vendors do not pay taxes into the state where you live. Although trapshooting is still fun for some of us, the shoots of years past are nothing but a memory and will not be seen again. Enjoy what you have, stay healthy, and shoot well. Bob Hawkes

6. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

This is EXACTLY why I have been critical of state shoots this year. The attituide of "enjoy what you have" NEEDS TOO GO. There are shoots doing just as well if not better........it is hard work though. Right now there is at least 10 vendors at the Wisconsin state shoot. I can not make it this year, but might even be more. Shooting will have to improve at the state shoot level, before it improves anywhere. I do not have all the answers, but getting sponsors for trophies is a good stepping stone. Also good communication for christ sake, even today with all we have available, people are still asking about info on-line about state shoots...........PS If you keep doing things the same, you need to expect the same................

GS

7. C H S

C H S TS Member

"Also good communication for christ sake, even today with all we have available, people are still asking about info on-line about state shoots."

Don't matter how much technology you have. It still comes to having a human who will sit down and transfer all the info from where it is to where they want it to be. Only a small percentage of the clubs in my area have web sites because they don't have anyone who wants to take the time to maintain one for free so no communication on the local level either.

Either ruck up or shut up. You can gripe and criticize about the situation all you want IF you are doing something to help correct it. Otherwise, don't waste air.

Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.