1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

State Hall of Fame questions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by once fired, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. once fired

once fired Guest

Assuming your state has a Hall of Fame:
    1. Is or should shooting merit be the only consideration for induction?
    2. Are there separate Hall's for shooters and major contributors of time
    or money to the Association?
    3. Do you feel that this separation is a good idea or a bad idea?
    4. Are current state Board members allowed induction into your Hall? Should
    they be, or should they have to wait until no longer on the Board?
    5. If Board members are considered for induction, should something more substantial than being a loyal Board member for many years be a reason for induction, or is that a good enough reason for induction?

Thanks,
    Lynn Gipson

2. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

The rules for the Michigan Trapshooting HoF are in the by-laws, on line at the site above.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

In Virginia, there are two pathways into the VA Trap H of F. One is shooting accomplishments and the other is contributing to the growth and development of trapshooting in the state. Induction into the H of F is by votes by the living members of the H of F.

Pat Ireland

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

BLUETIC- Many members of our hall of fame are dead and we do not have current addresses for them. I fear they all are not all in the same place.

Pat Ireland

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I would opine that those criteria mentioned by Sir Pat are typical - at least from what I've seen here in the left 1/2 of the map.....Bob Dodd

6. motrap

motrap Member

From the MTA (Michigan Trap Assoc.) bylaws re: the HOF

C. The HoF Board shall provide a written report to the MTA Board detailing the candidate’s qualifications, and stating the specific reasons for the candidate’s recommended induction into the Hall of Fame.

I realize it is necessary to have guidelines written down, but the old joke about how much does a Rolls Royce cost? came to mind ......... If you have to ask you can't afford it! ( in this case ......... if you have to ask what they did to deserve it, they probably do not deserve it!)

The PC thing to do now-a-days is reward everyone ........ including those who just did their job ..........

After we put all board members in, we should start a "SUPER HOF" for true pioneers, true enablers, and mostly those who demonstrate true proficiency ........

i.e.; people whom we admire, and should aspire to emulate.

For example, I really wish I would have made the MTA (Missouri Trap Assoc.) possible (like Uncle Bill), and I really wish I could shoot better (like Leo)........ some of the other inductees ........ not so much!

Offered for the good of trapshooting ............ Rudy

7. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Well, personally, I think that it should be shooting related more than money related. When dollars are involved, it is more like purchasing the title than being awarded it. Is there anything in the Missouri bylaws about this? I am going to guess that there is not.

It is stuff like this that make folks believe the good ole boys club is alive and well. It should get back to shooting like it was intended.

A hall of Fame should be filled with folks like Myron and C.E., and what is that itty bitty guys name? Leo? They are shooters shooters.

How long will it take to get all the directors in and how long will the shooters get passed up? You will run out of directors long before shooters.

Good luck Once Fired.

John

8. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

If you look at the HoF in Vandalia you will find some who were great shooters and some who devoted a major part of their life promoting the sport. All equal in the eyes of the guy who said "When the one Great Scorer writes against your name, he writes not whether you won or lost but how you played the game".

9. once fired

once fired Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.