1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

State Farm Ins. STINKS.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by fssberson, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

After 28 years with State Farm -- their insurance service stinks. Got a notice that I was being cacelled because my plumbing claim was not fixed after 1 year. Well it had stopped leaking, didn't qualify due to deductible, and no notice the past year. So I got it fixed three weeks ago, turned in the repair bill [$250], took pictures of repair, and entire package was turned in. State Farm paid NOTHING. Three weeks later State Farm cannot figure out if they want to renew me. This package also includes 3 cars. So Screw Them!!

Any suggestions for an insurance company that wants home owners and 3 autos in one package. Autos are clean. No claims on Home Owners. Send me a PM.

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

USAA if anybody in your family is a vet

We use an independent agent though USAA doesn't do farms, but my brothers swear by USAA

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Not a vet.

4. drgondog

drgondog Member

Best Insurance possible - USAA is the best. I had a ranch in OR that I couldn't insure with USAA but they steered me to a local group that was very good with Farm/Ranch while I continued everything else.

Back in Texas and 100% (again) with USAA.

Check with USAA - they have loosened up significantly.

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I had an auto accident in Florida three years ago. The first accident or ticket I had in 12 years. This time it was mostly my fault.
    State Farm treated me like gold. Got me a rental car, and the best auto
    repair place (who did a great job repairing my car.) No hassle and couldn't have been nicer.

6. Itchyb

Itchyb TS Member

I am an independent agent. Look for one! Multiple companies, and agents have some pull. NOt so at state farm, allstate, farmers, etc. They are captive, only have one company to quote you with. Bigdon will chime in in a moment.

7. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Amica.

I get a 400.00 dividend check back at the end of the year on a 1600 homeowners policy. They also do car and life insurance.

Doug

8. cpd544

cpd544 Member

Try getting home owners insurance in Florida. Allstate raised my insurance from $1100 in 2012 to $2200 in 2013 and we have never made a claim. No company wants to insure you here including USAA, I am a disabled vet to boot. As soon as I put my zip code in USAA said no coverage was available in this area. Not sure what we are going to do yet. I have also been with State Farm for my vehicles for over 40 years but they will not write a new homeowners policy in Florida.
    Jim

9. radeck

radeck Member

Check the triple A.
    I have them for Auto and switched to them for Home once State Farm after 28 years raised my premiums substantially. Had a couple of small claims (1200 or so before deducts) over course of 2-3 years. A broken patio window, kid ran into garage door, fence storm damage, that sort of thing. What is insurance for accept to spread risk over a larger pool. There are going to be anomalies where things happen in a short space of time.
    And I got a substantial savings too from switching!

10. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I've been with State Farm for 32 years. Never had a problem on a claim. My agent takes good care of me. Maybe your agent needs to be looked at. Just a thought. Charlie

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

One thing you usually only have 180 days after claim to make repairs or start repairs. You obviously didn't make repairs and it appears you didn't withdraw the claim. As far as they knew it was still leaking and making any claim larger.

As advised go to a "Independent Agent" he should have multiple companies to place you in. You also might have a problem as you said you wre canceled and that works against you when shopping for new insurance.

Good luck and pay attention to details in the future, if in doubt ask the agent.

Don

12. lwr_

lwr_ Member

State Farm is great!!!!!!!!!!

13. cafowler

cafowler Member

Another + for SF. I've also been with them for 30-35 years, no claims. Had a fire in a rental about 3 weeks ago, they have been great so far. There were a few things I was suspect about, but called a former SF adjuster who explained their new procedures which are in place to minimize their impact from mold claims going forward. I'll bet a leaking plumbing line, and the potential for a larger mold claim down the road made you a red flag, just my guess? It is an industry wide issue, not unique to SF. The adjuster I'm working with has been there for 26 years and has been very fair so far. Maybe you need a different adjuster to work with?

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Another satisfied State Farm customer here. Home, auto and motorcycle they have always done me right. I think the agent is the key. I've had them since I licensed my first car in high school and bought my first place a few years after. I've shopped rates numerous times for comparable coverage and none could beat their rates per coverage.

15. 1perazzi

1perazzi Member

USAA all the way!

16. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Its ALL about your agent. Not state farm as a whole.

Our agent has been great over the past 15 years. Call him up, talk to him directly on first name basis, tell him the problem, and its DONE!!

Its all about the agent!!!

No computer talking to me, no "agent on duty", none of that shit.

Talk to a few people you trust in your circle of friends and see who they use.

I'm lucky, my guy is my age and got started when I first got married 15 years ago so hopefully he ain't going anywhere.

One time my wife called about an accident she got into and one of his assistants started reading out of the "binder" and started giving her the run around. She politely hung up and then called back and asked for "Joe" directly and gave her name. he called back in 15 minutes and was already apologizing that his assistant was new from another office and didn't understand his way of business.

Its all about the agent!!!

17. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Independent agent, they will shop the best rates available. My agent placed me with Travelers for far less than I was paying for AAA or Farmers previously. Haven't and hope to never make a claim but the deductible is far less than I have saved.

Robert

18. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

NO. State Farm as a company SUCKS. I was with them for 30 years. Cars and home. First off they would not insure my motorhome for anything less than double others. Then due to NC cracking down on policies poorly written State farm claimed I was to far from the fire dept and tried to jack up my home owners. I had the local chief and county fire marshal write a detailed letter explaining that I was within the specified boundries. State Farm would not even submit it. Farm Bureau did and not only is my home owners far cheaper so is my cars. I NEVER had a home claim and only 2 small claims on cars in 30 years. One of those was a cracked windshield and the other minor damage from a deer. SCREW STATE FARM..........never again.

19. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Maybe you need to talk to, "Jake, from State Farm."

20. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

I HAD been with State Farm--for over 40 years--Indiana

When my daughter "graduated" from the 6th grade she planted a fir tree in our side yard....

26 years later,a HEAVY snowstorm toppled the tree----fell against the house with minimal damage..

State Farm,"WE DONT COVER TREES THAT COME DOWN BECAUSE OF SNOW"---"the tree has no value"-----"we will not pay anything to have the tree removed"---"oh,by the way you now have 1000 deductable"

Good bye state farm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

state farm stinks