1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

State Directors not doing their job

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

How do other State organizations handle the problem of their delegates not performing their assigned duties and voting for things that are not in the best interest of the membership? But only voting for items or changes they want done?

One way was to increase the number of canidates to 6 rather than 2 as in the past. In the past theonly 2 canidates were picked by the good ole boys that would serve their needs.

I hope that our organization adopts the 6 canidate rule, and that those interseted in holding office would send their desires to the President and a copy to the Secretary so they could be added to the list of canidates.

This way members could weed out the directors not doing their jobs or not following assigned tasks.

I want our organization to be the best it can be and do what is in the best interests of our membership, one sur way is for our membership to vote for changes at our State Shoot when most are present and could read ideas for and against proposals.

Some directors feel they are GOD and their way is the only way, and that is not correct or right.

Then you get those that say there is an AGENDA here.
    My AGENDA is the ones written above plain and simple.

Drew Waller being President of our Organization was a great move, I know he has the best interest of our organization in mind, I wish he could run unlimited terms, and had the ability to fire Directors not doing their jobs and assignments, and had the authority to appoint Directors that would.

Dr.Longshot
    Gary Bryant

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

Uh oh ... this sounds like it could be a good story.

What happened to cause this all of this Gary?

3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Gary don't you know that as soon as you get a Delegate to vote the way you want he will immediately piss off someone else and they will write a similar thread. Most Delegate's/Director's job are thankless and time consuming and in the case of many of them personally expensive.

You should be thankful that someone that is willing and able to thrive under these conditions is doing the job. Just my opinion as it has been my experience that if you take the time to talk to your Delegate you just might understand what motivates them.

Bob Lawless

4. ivanhoe

ROYCE10 if your "state director"( the one part of this subject that is not defined by the original poster)is your delegate he should have answered you when he contacted you to tell you he would get back to you. If it were me I would make it a point to look him up at the State Shoot and remind him that he was supposed to get back to you and make sure he understands that you didn't appreciate his failure to do so. You do have options if you shoot practice with other shooters that shoot registered(ATA)targets they should be able to tell you what the target requirements are.

I do not know what State you are from but from what I can see there are 3 States that have their SS this weekend Idaho,Delaware, and Mississippi if it is one of these States the contact info is on the ATA Website and each Delegate's phone and e-mail is posted. I think that if he hasn't gotten back to you you should have called, You should be willing to go the distance to get an answer after all with the State Shoot coming up I am sure your request was not the only thing on his mind. I am also sure that he has a hundred other things he needs to remember.

Bob Lawless

5. ivanhoe

Roy Again I say I don't know what State you are from. I am here in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts in our State Shoot Program all such info is listed I will however say it sometime is hard to locate. I wish you well at your State Shoot I hope you have a pleasant experience and break all the targets you shoot at after all you would in a perfect world.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.