1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting a trap range North of Mt Vernon OH

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yendor12, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yendor12

yendor12 Member

I live near Mt Vernon Ohio, north of....We have to travel at least 1-2 hours to shoot registered or non registered birds. I would shoot more often, join a club and support it as a hobby if a club were closer I could be involved in.

I am asking if anyone in the area would support such a gun club??? Or is it truly a dying sport and I would be wasting my time?
    OR can anyone give me advice on starting one? I have some land to set one trap house, or maybe purchase land for more.
    What are some thoughts?
    Rod

2. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

I hear ya! I live in the same area. The plan would be to get someone interested in registered shoots @ Centerburg. Nice club with decent trap houses. Starting your own club would be expensive.....but you're right....currently nothing in this area.

3. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Rod, I've been gone from Ohio (Mansfield) for 13 years. We hope to return as soon as we get our house sold here in Texas. Used to shoot over at Bucyrus Sportsmen Club but I don't know if they still shoot there. Also don't know if they still shoot regularly at Richland County Fish & Game or not. When we get back I'd definitely come down and shoot as we're looking in the Bellville/Fredericktown area. You might consider one trap to start with to see if you get the support you need to go bigger. I think Bucyrus had three as I recall, may have been two.

4. yendor12

yendor12 Member

Yes Bucyrus still shoots and I currently shoot at the Richland County Coon Hunter's winter leauge. Great group of guys, good targets, but it takes me 1:20 to get there from where I live. To far to join.
    So that is why the intrest in starting one.
    Thanks
    Rod

5. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

Is Airport Gun Club to Far to Travel to I believe Frank at Ohio Target is still open .

6. Hungarian

Hungarian TS Member

Rod, blackwing shooting center in deleware Ohio may be closer to you.

7. yendor12

yendor12 Member

I shoot at Lancaster often but I thought Blackwing no longer shot Registered clays/ Did they start up again?

8. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Not much if any in the area if you're looking for registered shoots.

Centerburg--Buddy shoots (Sat) practice Thurs. (Youth)

Black Wing--Sporting, 5 stand,(expensive but a super facility)

Cardinal--Sat. practice only, (starting in April I think), Sporting.

Closest is Airport, Lancaster, O. for registered.

Regards....Gerald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.