1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Start Of The Goose Season

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by white rattler, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white rattler

white rattler Member

September 1st the opening day of the Alberta Bird Season I am like a kid in a candy store with a dollar to spend. I have my room booked in a little town in east central Alberta I have the field picked out. I am ready. It can't get any better than shooting Canada Geese in a pea field from a blind. Lots of birds both ducks and geese. Trevor Dawe.

2. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

They should have an open season all year on those darn things. Big Pigeons...... that float.

Hey good luck, bring lots of shells! have lots of fun , man!!

3. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Trevor, Keep us updated on the hunt and good luck!Jeff

4. benschott

benschott Member

Trevor,

Scatter and harass the hell out of them. Send as many as possible to our farm/ranch in ND. By October when we leave CO and get to ND, I hope you have filled our lakes and grain fields. Good luck, be safe.

Gary

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Man I miss the goose hunts, we don't get many in our area, used to go quite a bit in NW Iowa when I was younger

6. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

Well, what was the score, Trevor______ Geese______

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Michigan UP opens today also.

8. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

15 a day?!?!?!?!?! Oh I would love it if they would do that here. This 2 per day thing is BS!!! I had 700 birds that were visiting a field i had permission for, so I went out last year and got to shoot a whopping two birds. I would have loved to shoot 15 that day!!!! Consider yourself very lucky to be able to shoot that many!!!

9. white rattler

white rattler Member

[​IMG]

Got in the field by 5:30 AM. Set up a willow blind. It was a nice warm morning, 45F. Strong northwest wind. Set decoys and drank coffee till 7:10. Lots of geese in the air, lots of feed, we were in a pea field. Took a bit to swing the flocks over the decoys then all hell broke loose. Flocks of 3-5 incoming straight at us into the decoys. It was a massacre, not for the weak of heart! Got our limit of 30 in less than one hour. These geese will not be going to America. They are destined for goose jerky. One of the buddies had to get home and shower for his wedding ceremony today. Trevor

10. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

Strong work, thanks for letting a few move on down to Montana. Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.