1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbucks and the Marines

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just got this in the mail a little while ago. Believe it or not.

WON'T BE DRINKING STARBUCKS ANYMORE...

Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they send some of it to the troops there.

Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open. I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and no one will ever know.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis.
    Sgt. Howard C. Wright
    1st Force Recon Co
    1st Plt PLT

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit the fire fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for the survivors and workers and Starbucks charged them!!

JUST A NOTE TO THIS; STARBUCKS HAD STORES ON SEVERAL MILITARY BASES IN THE UNITED STATES. THEY ARE NOW BEING REMOVED BECAUSE OF THIS.

PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS. ALLOW IT TO BE PASSED TO ALL IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE DIED SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO SUPPORT THEM OR NOT!! !

_

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

It's gotta be true, I read it on the internet.

3. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

THIS IS BS!

4. 87AA

87AA TS Member

BS. This has been floating around in some form or another for about 8 years.

5. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

They were doing great in Camp Arifjan and Camp Doha, Kuwait in 2004....I know first hand. Starbucks and KFC was really great after being up north...Grubby

6. grustyg

grustyg TS Member

check it out on snopes.

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Snopes, false story

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/starbucks.asp

8. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

Starbucks has generally been an ally to gun owners.......see link.

9. ercowles

ercowles Member

Everybody should remember that the internet spawns a supreme amount of garbage, including the post about Starbucks. Anyone with an agenda can write whatever he/she wants and post it on line. When you read these things, keep in mind there aren't editors checking facts, cleaning up stories that aren't correct, and providing news coverage that is accurate. As a former reporter and editor for UPI, I can attest to checking dozens of these internet pieces sent to my email and finding most of them false or at least misleading. Have a look at Joe Potosky's post above and go to the website to get the "facts" about Starbucks and the Marines. Let's all of us watch out for internet garbage and point it out. In a very small way, we'll be helping solve the problem, and perhaps keep from sullying someone's or some company's hard-won reputation.

Ed

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

I'm not a Starbucks man. I like my coffee black and don't have the patience to wait in line behind folks ordering froufrou coffee that takes forever to order and longer yet to produce. But I like the CEO of Starbucks, Howard Schultz.

Schultz has a plan, Democracy 21, which calls on responsible citizens and corporations to boycott political contributions until our elected officials stop working for the lobbyists and the next election, and start working for us.

We have a Tea Party, maybe now is the time for the "Coffee Party" led by Mr. Schultz.

Taking money away from politicians reminds me of the old joke - How do you make a hormone? - - - You don't pay her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

starbucks and marines