1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Star reloaders for SALE

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Recoil Sissy, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Earl:

I wasn't aware Star made shotshell loaders. However, my knowledge of Stars is limited to their reputation and what little I've read. A deceased acquaintance loaded commercially with them in the 80's and early 90's. He swore he wouldn't have or use anything else.

If it turns out that your late friend's Star loaders are for center fire brass instead of shotshell, there is still a market for them and loyal users.
    Google "Star reloaders" and you'll find sites with answers to any questions you might have and potential markets for selling the machines.

Good luck.

sissy

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

0   0   0

I also never heard of a star shotshell reloader, all metallic.

3. one1bird

one1bird TS Member

0   0   0

please pm me in regards to the loaders as I am looking to upgrade
    thanks
    Pat

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

If you knew the man to be a reloader of shotgun ammo the reloader is most likely a Texas or Texan brand Star reloader. They made shotgun reloaders for years. Texan Stars were pretty common machines at one time.

Jeff

5. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

0   0   0

With pictures I'm sure we could identify what you have.

Robert

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I am not saying they were limited to these, But I have only seen a dozen Star reloaders in my life. All I saw were .38 spl or .45. in the 60's and 70's a lot of guys made side money reloading .38 spl rounds for police department practice ammo. As a kid I made money scrounging .38 special brass for the reloading guys. I still remember the heavy smell of Bullseye gunpowder. I would really like to see a picture of one for shotshells if you can get one posted.

7. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

0   0   0

If you go to starreloaders.com, you will find out the information you are looking for. You can also post the loaders for sale and there are many eager buyers out there. I have owned Star loaders for the past 40 years and they are the best.
    Pat Haskins

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Found this website. I had never heard of them either but that don't mean squat.

Good info on that site.

9. Gatguy

Gatguy TS Member

0   0   0

I had several of them back in the 60s and 70s, converted them to hydraulic and sold them to police dep't. They were all in .38 Spl. and I agree with others that Star never made shotshell loaders. They are very well made.
    Dick C.

10. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

They also made a very good cast bullet lubricator and sizer press, pretty well sought after even today.

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

star reloader for sale

star reloaders for sale

stsr reloaders forum