1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

STAR Brand shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Alamo, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alamo

Alamo Member

Shot getting expensive again, may have a chance to buy some Star brand shot at a good price. Anyone have recent experience with this brand? Good or bad? Thank you.

2. GRR

GRR TS Member

bought some once, the only problem with it, spill it and it won't roll off the table.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Its size numbers are European, so the size runs abit smaller than ours does at the same number. I have not shot it, but from what I have heard on this site and from some other shooters at my club, its not a hard shot and its roundness is not uniform. It will work and break targets great in skeet and l6 yard trap. Handicap my vary!!!!!! Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

4. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I never had any problems with Star Magnum Shot. You quoted a good price. What exactly is a good price?

Dale

5. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

I've used star mag for many yrs with no complaints, I just bought 100lbs from widener's for 23.50 a bag witch I think is fair and they have 80,000 pounds at that price.

thanks
    lee

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

It takes up the space in the wad intended for shot. It can break a target. It's sort of rounder and harder than marshmallows, but don't taste as good. My crude "Squish" test puts it about soft/softer as Lawrence "Chilled". It'll work for the 16's, first shot of Doubles, and Skeet. I did happen to pattern test some a couple of years ago and it did well enough at 35 yards. It wasn't the best performer (on paper), but if the price is right, I wouldn't pass it up. I don't know if a few percentage points in a pattern will make that much difference in MY scores. I prefer a "premium" shot for longer yardages, but it will work from the 27 if you put the shot on the target. It did very well on Quail and Doves when I was actually able to hit some. 14 Quail and a bunch of shells left over in the box. 11 Doves and we won't talk about it. None of the birds I hit survived long enough for me to ask them what they thought of the Star Shot. The ones I missed just flew away laughing, especially the Doves.

7. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

It works just fine. I bought quite a few bags for a "good price" with no problems. Some people have to blame something.

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

I would spend a couple of $ more and buy another brand. It is not real hard and it is irregular in shape and size in one bag. It might work well on the targets but it bothers my confidence. One or two dollars per bag is not much per shell.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

star brand lead shot

star lead shot