1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

standing in view

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nogunracks, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nogunracks

nogunracks TS Member

does any one think it is wrong to shoot handicap with a shooter standing on the 21yard mark and the shooter next to them is standing on the 19 yard this just happened to me again and it is very annoying to try and shoot when you can see the person next to you especially if the person does not stand still when you shoot just want to find out how any one else feels about this situation

2. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

rule is 2yards difference for any handicap!

3. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

You can go another yard if there is a one shooter separation. The Rule is: no more than two (2) yards difference between adjacent shooters in the squad and no more than a total difference of three (3) yards in a squad.

So no, I do not think it is wrong. You need to get a bit tougher mentally if you are going to stick in this game. Wearing blinders helps a bit, but if the person next to you is really moving about, you are within your rights to ask them to stop it. But that is a big step and my advice is to toughen up and not let them get to you. It is a long way to the 27 and then you will have to look at 25 yarders unless you came to the shoot with a full squad.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Look on the bright side, he won't hit you with his auto shells....

5. southpark

southpark TS Member

"You need to get a bit tougher mentally if you are going to stick in this game."

HaveGunWillTravel, thank you for a magnificent quote.

It should be on the door to every clubhouse in the country along with "Bring more money, trap is expensive!"

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Nope, not a dilemma, get used to it.....Bob Dodd

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

nogunsrack, you might think about that poor 23 yarder who has to stand 2 yards farther back than you are standing. Maybe he is thinking the same thing you are.

We've all been there, and we've all done it. You can do it too. Wear some blinders..........or do like Shootlow does, he closes both eyes when he shoots. lol

Hauxfan!

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

Try to turn this possible negative situation into a positive one by concentrating more intently on the trap house and the target.

Pat Ireland

9. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Pat has the answer.......Roger

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Try some blinders on your glasses. That will stop the problem. Also you must learn not to pay attention to anything outside of your zone. Nothing, nothing, nothing!!!!!

11. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

"Also you must learn not to pay attention to anything outside of your zone. Nothing, nothing, nothing!!!!! " Great advice! Easy to say and difficult to do.

12. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Ditto all the above.

13. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

Ask/him tell him/her that they are moving and distracting you. If they are on the 19 they are a new shooter. I was told to stop moving, I was embarassed and stopped moving, except back, back, back, now I am behind the guy I was distracting, he doesn`t move. Get tuff. I also learned to close my eyes between shots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.