1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Standing in line over a 10 cent coupon

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    Just got back from the local area grocery store. Had to wait an extra 10 minutes in line because some woman was arguing over a 10 cent coupon.

Supposedly, the date of expiration was partially torn off and the female clerk said she could not accept it. The manager had to get involved and he also said he could not accept it either.

I offered to give the woman the 10 cents so I could get to an appointment I had and the woman actually took it and said thank you and was on her marry way.

By this time there were over 10 people in line behind me, some yelling, over 10cents???

What the heck is going on that someone does not care how many people she inconveniences? I just wish that these stores would stop offering coupons totally. Just lower prices, if possible.

I walk out of the store and I see this same woman placing her grocery cart back into the stall. I shook my head in disbelief as she drove off in a fairly new Lexus.

I do not understand cheap people at all. Do you believe coupons should be eliminated? Don't get me started on rebates either.
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I was in a hardware store and was 4th in line. The lady was arguing over PENNIES. How much I don't know. The lady cahier was doing her best to explain things to her. There were two guys in front of me. One shorted then me and the other just alittle taller. The taller person I asked if he could move his box from the counter for a second. He said WHY? I said its to your and the others benefit and it was mine. He reluctantly moved his box. The lady was still going at it. I put my box of 8 caulking tubes on the counter and then tapped the top of the box so it fell on the counter with a BANG. The lady then jumped and looked at all the other people in line waiting to check out. I say the line grew to 12 to 15 people. She then said "OH am I holding you all up"? I then said "OH NO, WE ARE ENJOYING LISTENING TO YOU ARGUE OVER PENNIES. PLEASE CONTINUE". Well she looked around and said I'll come back some other time and left. The tall guy dropped his head and started to giggle then looked over his shoulder at me. I just smiles and said I told you it was worth moving your box. He just smiles and knodded his head. It was then my turn to check out and the cashier once I paid looked at me and smiled and mouthed THANK YOU. Some people only think of themselves.

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Yeah people will argue over money, if they are right I really don't have a problem with it, there are folks who have lost everything and they remember the feeling of being broke I guess

The thing that royally torques me off is when the store had 15 check out counters and only one or two of them is open, back in my younger days I would just leave the shopping cart there for them to restock the stuff in it

But I cured the problem,my wife likes to shop so I just give her the list

But when we first got married I told her we would have separate checking accounts and our money would be kept separate, she was fine with that, but at the time she was unemployed, so the first time we went shopping I had to go with her to sign my check

The next day I brought home a signature card for her to sign to put her on my account LOL

And all has been happy since

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Don't forget the fat lady with a butt so big that it should have a back up alarm!

Waits until the clerk totals it all up ... then hunts in her purse for her check book and slowly writes a check.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I was running late one day, had a shopping cart full of groceries, including a bunch of stuff from the deli for a picnic (individual containers that cannot be put back) and frozen goods and meats. A lady gets into a big argument about a few pennies on a coupon. People offer to pay her the difference. Nope, it's the principle of the thing. I look at the time and I've got a doctor's appointment. Yeah, I cut the time thin, but geez, this is getting out of control. So now someone brings up another item to compare the SKU, and then a manager gets called. The other lines are even longer, so no bailing out for them. Basically the lady is wrong but won't admit it, so she's now going to just hold us hostage until the store caves in. I had no choice, I walked off and left the cart.

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

When they say it's not the money, it's the principle, it's really is about the money.

Eric

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

What I can't stand also is when people get in line to buy something and knowing they have to pay will not have their credit card, debit card, check pre written or have their cash ready. They always have to hear the amount then look for how they are going to pay. I have my check pre written, cash out or card out and ready.

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I am amazed at the rude behavior I see every time I shop. The one that I see most often is people parking their cart right in the middle of the aisle while they look over the goods. Utterly oblivious to everyone around them whom they are in the way of, they couldn't care less. This includes middle aged ladies who are old enough to know better.
    Another thing that bugs me is the way young women dress and present themselves. It used to be a big deal for a young woman to know how to present herself to the world. Today so many of them are simply crude in their presentation. Zero makeup, hair askew, looking a mess. I guess when their mothers bought into the come as you are drivel they lost their own ability and no longer have anything from which to teach their young.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.