1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

STAND YOUR GROUND

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Sam Ogle, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

MSNBC and the Liberal Press folks are hammering the "Stand Your Ground" law in Florida and other states because of the killing of the young man in Florida recently.

I, for one, do not believe the person who did the shooting was within his rights, and the "Stand Your Ground" law is a flimsy defense in this particular instance.
    I think what he did was stupid, and he should be prosecuted for murder.

However, I believe it is a good, sensible, reasoned law which has assisted we, the people in getting back a basic right of defending hearth, home, and selves in case of criminal attack. The Lib's yak about this law, about how it was "rammed through" yet it was they who forced us to pass such a law, as prior to it, defending ourselves was considered a criminal act, and the only defense offered to us was to flee......even if it meant running out of our house leaving our family unprotected from criminals.

Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The law is fine. It is the cowboys and wise guys who think they can act irresponsibly and then use this law as an excuse. In a number of neighborhood watches of which I am aware, participants are specifically BANNED from carryibng weapons of any kind. I guess what we saw in Florida is the reason.

3. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

"It is the cowboys and wise guys who think they can act irresponsibly and then use this law as an excuse."

Why should we feel safer with the 'cowboys and wise guys' carrying? Why should we give them an excuse?

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I agree with you Parker. When the 911 operator told him that he doesn't need to follow and he did anyway, I feel he had shooting in his mind. It was an unnecessary killing. The shooter persued the victim. I think it was outright murder.

The law should stand. People that abuse it should be prosecuted to the max. JMHO, Mike.

5. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Where is there a law against following somebody? How does following somebody prove that they had "shooting in his mind". How is following somebody a violent act? how is it murder? All who have convicted this hispanic fellow without benefit of having the facts should read the url above. It just might not be the slam dunk many think it is.

I never though I'd see the day that bulge and Mrs. Keet would fly in formation and I'm disappointed in the former. No surprise for the latter given her history of race baiting and ignorance.

6. drh08

drh08 TS Member

Here is what we know, a young man is dead and another mans life will not be the same. Most have already judged this case not knowing any facts as there are very few available at this time. I will pray for both families as each are facing some very tough times. The young man will have his past judged and the other will also. I believe the saddest thing is this has already become a racial issue rather than an investigation into what really happened.

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

drh08,,,,,you are SO correct.....

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

There was a couple of shootings in Phila. last night...where's the outcry for justice??

I guess Black v. Black doesn't count...

Curt

FEAB9

9. spritc

spritc Active Member

And there is the anti-gun lib Mrs.keet's answer - If she had her way no one would be able to protect themselves. Better get your head out of your a**, you may have to defend yourself one day.

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

What Curt said.....

P.S.I'm not even sure why that anti-gun left wing liberal worthless troll mrs keet is even allowed to be on this "Pro-Gun" forum.

11. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Oops!!!

A new witness has emerged. Don't get your aerobic exersise jumping to conclusions.

Look at the Drudge Report.

HBT

12. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Mrskeet 410,

It is not a metter of "carrying". The same kind of thing could happen with a knife or a pipe pr a club.

If you are referring to a "right to carry" law, that is a different discussion. The subject here is Stand Your Ground. Let's keep things straight.

13. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ht-racially-motivated-attack-Kansas-City.html

Somehow it didn't work right, but copy and paste to your browser

Why haven't we heard anything about this

14. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

That little afro boy in Fla. that was shot ain't nothing, read the link above, why didn't barry make mention of this one. The reason was jamal's killing rasheed's don't make national news.

15. WIN12 MAN

WIN12 MAN TS Member

Parker ...

Stand you ground <> so what /? Nothing wrong with the law.
    Shoot first > ' life you save will be your own ' /

Maybe you'd rather be a mugging victem > thats your choice ,
    > not mine .

C & C laws are not the problem > criminal gutter trash are ,
    Sandford Florida is a ( high ) crime area .. street muggings //
    drugs // home burglaries // robberies //..

If Americans didn't feel threatned in their own homes
    maybe the law wouldn't be ( needed ) .

Liberal anti gun trash have no answers for controlling
    criminal trash > just honest Americns .. Win

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    What about the two black youths who doused a white kid with gasoline and lit him on fire recently? Where is the outrage for that?

17. larryjk

larryjk Member

Stand Your Ground - Castle Law - etc. These laws protect you when you are faced with defending yourself in your home, your car, or anywhere else you are legally. You are not required to crawl through windows, run out some back door, etc to avoid a person bent on destroying you. But those laws aren't going to be much protection if you pursued someone who is leaving your presence. If you pursue someone, you have left your "castle" behind.

I remember being told by a FBI instructor that no matter how badly some sob needed to be shot, even if there was justification, your life will be made a living hell for a least a year.

18. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I will withhold judgement until ALL the facts are in, not what the Racist in Chief Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson say, you all do remember Tawanna Brawley right????

I see skeets , the Lying Liberal Racist is back! Now where was that all white gun club??????????

Oscar

19. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

What if the situation were reversed and a black fellow had shot a hispanic fellow. Do any of you think that Jesse Jackson and Al "Twana Brawley" Sharpton would be demanding "justice" for the hispanic fellow? Hell no, they would be making excuses for the black killer- oh he is a victim of racism, there are too many blacks in prison so he shouldn't be charged, he didn't mean to do it, yada yada yada. Remember OJ when, although he was 100% guilty, 99.9% of black people deluded themselves into believing him innocent?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.