1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stan Baker Unsingle barrel choke tubes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by buck3200, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buck3200

buck3200 Well-Known Member

I don't remember if this barrel (for 3200) takes a custom tube or if other tubes will fit. Barrel was ordered early 2002. Any help is much appreciated.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

do you have a picture of a tube

3. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

try a Win-choke

4. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Most of them have a larger bore diameter than Winchester barrels. The one I have is .745. Be very careful trying Winchokes as even if it does screw in the skirt may protrude into the bore. That would allow the wad and shot charge to catch the choke tube probably destroying the barrel in the process.

5. buck3200

buck3200 Well-Known Member

Don't have access to calipers right now but existing measure aprox. 2 3/8" in length by a tape. As I remember,bore dia. is .745.

6. SC trapshooter

SC trapshooter Member

My Baker Big Bore unsingle barrel for my K32 has Briley choke tubes. Check with them.

7. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I hava an 1100 that has a Baker barrel. .735 bore. When purchased Stan said that in a pinch Win Chokes would work. My choke tubes measure and fit the same in my Son's TM-1 Baker conversion, .729 bore. As warned above, do not use any tube if the ID is tighter than the barrel at the point they meet each other. Generally the tube is slightly larger than barrel bore at that point. There may even be a noticeable step.
    Marc

8. pjh

pjh Member

I have a baker 3200 unsingle. 748 bore. it came with a 705,715 & 725 choke. I was able to purchase 740 & 720. They actually put the same chokes in my OU barrels and it only took 18 months to get them back. .. I believe the chokes are similar to a win choke but since the barrel is over-bored I don't believe they would work. the choke would be smaller than the barrel.. NOT GOOD. I called their shop and the phone number no longer worked. If the barrel is available please let me know. Thanks Peter Hamann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

stan baker barrel for rem 3200

stan baker choke tubes