1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stan Baker Shooting Sports

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by coltlover, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coltlover

coltlover Member

Anyone have experience w/ Stan Baker Shooting Sports barrel work of late. I have a Remington 11/87 .750 barrel by the old man that is unbelievable. Curious about their current work.

Regards,

Mark McManus

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Stan taught his grandson a lot and I have not heard anything negative except wait time

3. ridg300

ridg300 TS Member

I agree Stan Baker barrel are great shooters, low recoil and faster velocity. I have a Stan Baker BB84 .800 Remington 1100 with 5 Baker choke tubes for sale asking $650.00. I am not shooting a 1100 so the barrel is for sale. This has a high rib and is very good condition. thanks Frank

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

ridg300, does an unmodified fore-end fit on that barrel, or does it need something special?

Neil

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I've never had any personal dealings with any of the Bakers but I received a request for assistance last week from a local reader who sent a 3200 and "over $2,000" to them in 2004 to have an unsingle barrel made for the gun and hasn't been able to get any satisfaction from them. At this time, they no longer reply to his emails or return his telephone calls, so obviously something has happened at Baker's. I know the shooter personally and don't think he would get the details of such a transaction convoluted but in any case, the six-month window initially quoted to him for this work has long since passed.

Perhaps someone who has contact with the Bakers can shed some light on this problem - I haven't had time to make any inquiries yet.

Ed

6. crew

crew TS Member

I live in the area and know Bill the grandson he's done the work for years. He does good work but he's been behind for different reasons one of his problems is they had to move and getting things set up again has been slow,they just moved a few blocks down the street. Their honest people but sometimes you just need to keep after him to get something done depending on what it is. I got after him on behalf of someone on this site and would gladly do it now if you can just let me somehow know what deal it is ,he probably will know if he got two thousand ahead. I know if your looking to have barrels made that's been something that's been on hold as he's making one for me. Some things are done in a day or two . I'll give him a call tuesday about the 3200 and see what he says I'll tell him it was on trap shooter. Wayne

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I sold Frank the barrel that he has and I own another Baker barrel and usually you will have to remove a little wood. Jeff

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Thank you, Wayne. If you or Bill need any more information, please contact me (drop the "x" from the email address above).

Ed

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

coltlover, I sent you a private e-mail. Jeff

10. ridg300

ridg300 TS Member

Neil as far as I know it has a unmodified fore-end fit for the remington 1100 forearm. I had it on a 1100 trap receiver with a Jack West trap forearm and buttstock, The barrel is a great shooter and in very good condition. No rust or pitting bore bright with 5 Baker chokes .750---.795. thanks Frank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.