1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stamps up 2 cents today

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Kim Little, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Postage increase today, now 44 cents to mail a letter.

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I bought 4 books of forever stamps last week. The news said stamps might go up every May to keep up with inflation. Wayne

3. pdq

pdq Member

When I heard a while ago that they were raising the price from 40 to 42 cents on a certain Monday, I went to USPS.com the prior Saturday and bought 1,000 of the Forever stamps on-line. I think I'm still good for 6 - 7 years at the rate I use them.

If the USPS needs to increase revenue, I wish they'd raise the rates on junk mail. We get an incredible amount of unwanted mail & even calling the companies and asking to be taken off their list doesn't seem to work. Higher prices would probably provide some motivation however.

Pete

4. Janet

Janet TS Member

Really great idea, Pete.

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I would have bought some ahead, but I never saw the announcement until Sunday...........And there aren't any post offices open on Sunday......

Hauxfan!

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I've started paying almost all of my bills online. I very rarely ever send letters anymore, using email instead. About the only exceptions are cards, like for Mother's Day and birthdays. I'm saving quite a bit in both stamps and checks over what I used to spend, even with the increased rates.

I'll second the sentiment about junk mail. Almost all of it goes straight in the trash unread. I wish the senders would wise up and discontinue sending it - save the trees.

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Next thing you know we'll be paying $25.00 per hundred for registered targets....

When will it ever end?

Curt

7-1/2's are better than 8's

8. pdq

pdq Member

My wife often gets 2 versions of the same catalog, one with her middle initial, one without. If I see her consistently throw them away without even opening them, I've been known to call the company, tell them that my 2 wives need to be removed from their mailing list, as they both died.

My father, who died in 2001 at age 93 still gets random junk mail, applications for credit cards, etc. Where they get his name, I don't have a clue.

The only good news is that junk mail doesn't go into the trash. For the last 10+ years, all paper gets collected and recycled.

Pete

9. atashooter

atashooter Member

Pete, kow where you are coming from. My Dad died in 2004 and Globe insurance still wants him to buy life insurance.

10. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Here's a great web-site to cut down on Junk Mail. I heard about it on Good Morning America. Kim

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I use bill pay now so I only actually mail a couple times a month but the forever stamp is the way to go.

12. shadow

shadow Active Member

Postage goes up for only one reason......they are charging more for STORING it !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.