1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stainless Sink & Water Spots

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by TC, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TC

TC TS Member

Just got a new stainless steel sink and it is getting water spots. What will take them out and is there anything we could use to prevent them in the future? Tony

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Unless you have water softener, water spots are something you'll have to live with.

I use WD-40 to clean stainless steel if I have to, but not where we process food. I suggest you wipe it dry after every use if you don't want to see water spots.

Believe me, you see it because it's new, after 6 months, after you scratch it up, you won't see it anymore.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Try Lime Away. Probably just a bit of calcium.

SteveW. Who processes more food at your hour. You or E.?

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Sorry, meant home. By the way, I never received an address where to send you a check for the leather duffle bag. I forgot about it until now.

5. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

I've got an older stainless sink that I use scratch-free Comet or Ajax on. It works great to take everything off and give it a shine. Plus the bleach in it disinfects the surface.

6. bayrat

bayrat TS Member

Slice a lemon in half and use it to scrub the sink using salt as a cleaner. This should remove the stains. Then put the lemon down the garbage disposal and that will make it smell good!

The Bayrat

POC. TX

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Go to the local hard ware store and get some "Sheila Shine", works wonders on stainless ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Any weak acid will take the calcium carbonate off, vinegar is what you probably already have, lemons/lemon juice works slower but smell alot better. The clorinated cleansers or salt (NaCl) will eventually ruin the finish on the stainless steel especially if there is an abrasive. The only way to prevent new deposits is to wipe the sink dry after use and that isn't going to happen.

9. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

I use Barkeeper's Friend.

10. TC

TC TS Member

Is there any kind of wax that would prevent the spots?

11. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

try never dull wad polish

12. finger

finger TS Member

Barkeepers Friend as previously mentioned. It won't prevent spots will will put a nice polish on the sink without any scrubbing. Available at any good hardware store. bob finger

13. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Ahhhh, the joy of stainless steel. For endless joy get all stainless appliances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

new ss sink water spots

stainless sink water spots

stainless steel sink water spots