1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stainless Rib ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by $$$SHTR, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

I have a Ljutic Mid-rib stainless and just can't seem to be able to shoot it as well as I can other guns with regular blued (dark) ribs. When I shoot the stainless, I get no feed-back (peripheral vision) of where the barrel is. It's like it is invisible,regardless of weather. This only happens when I shoot the stainless. My other guns I know exactly where the barrel is and the scores prove it. It's as though I have to consciously look at the rib to know where the barrel is, and we know the result of doing this. I've just marked the rib black with a Magic Marker to see if this will make a difference. I’m going to try it again tomorrow. I really like the gun, except I can't shoot it. Driving me nuts!! Anyone else, who might have had a similar experience, please help. Or, maybe Phil ( I have your eye exercise video) might shed some light on this.

Thanks,

Tomas

2. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

splach!!!

the ripples are clearing>>>

great cast!!!

tony

3. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Kenent1,

What on earth are you talking about???

4. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Paint the top of the rib flat black if it bothers you that much. Or Blue it.

5. kolarroy

kolarroy TS Member

Send the gun to Ljutic and have them blue the rib. They ship many stainless guns that way. Hope this helps, Roy

6. Limpy100

Limpy100 Member

$$$SHTR Iput fiber optic sights on my gun and found that my eyes were drawn to them once in awhile. often times on a hard left or right so I had to remove them. I could not believe it

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think stainless may be better for exactly that reason- it prevents barrel checking and thus stopping the gun for most shooters

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Tomas, does it happen with all mid-rib Ljutics or just with the SS models?

Ajax

9. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Ajax,

Just the SS. Other ones are fine.

Tomas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.