1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Stage One or Stage Three ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by amboy49, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

What's the difference between a Winchester Super X stage one trigger and a stage three trigger - besides the number, of course. I assume the stage three is a later evolution. So . . . what changes were made ? I believe some have commented that the stage three trigger is more "desirable" - comments as to why ? What was the year of manufacture and/or serial number when the change occurred ? Lastly, is there a stage two trigger ? If so - again, what are the differences ? If not, why not ?

Thanks in advance

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

They both work fine. Stage 1 dual mainspring, factory set sear engagement with a set screw, grooved trigger.

Stage 3, smooth trigger, single spring, no setscrew.

3. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I was hoping you were talking about Roush Mustangs :)

4. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

My understanding is the the set screw on the Stage 1's would sometimes shear after a good bit. Easily fixable, but Winchester eliminated this failure mode with the Stage 3.

I have guns with both and other than looking at them I can't tell the difference.

I would not let a stage 1 trigger stop me from buying a gun if all other factors were desirable.

I have often wondered about a Stage 2 also and have no answer.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I learned something today, Thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.