1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

STACEY HODKEY RESIGNS FROM ATA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cim jr., Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cim jr.

cim jr. TS Member

I found out friday that Stacey has resigned from the ATA to take another job.We have lost one of the most dedicated ATA employee's that the ATA has ever had.I guess the Executive Committee just wouldnt give her the opportunity to do the job of Executive Director.She could and would have done an outstanding job.It may be mostly a man's sport but she was dedicated to seeing the ATA to continue to grow.

But we had also already lost her Marketing skills because that had been taken care of also.I dont blame her for resigning because she was never given the chance that should have been hers.All she ever wanted was that opportunity.

This will be addressed at the annual BOD meeting I can and will promise that because good employee's are hard to find.Good dedicated and loyal employee's are even harder to find today and we just lost one..

I just wonder whose taking care of the day to day business now!!

Stacey, your smile your enthusiasm your support will be missed by all that knew you.

Charles Morrison
    Tenn ATA Delegate

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I got to know Stacy quite well during and after the auction for the last registered target to be shot at the Vandalia Homegrounds. She is a real "Livewire" and I'm sure that she'll be a real asset to whoever employs her in the future.
    If she should happen to read any of our nonsense on here, I do wish her well and do hope that she doesn't think that all shooters are represented by the actions of the EC. I do think that they made a big mistake in letting her get away. I think that we really need more like her.

Ed Yanchok

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Sad to see how the ATA is changing.

People say there are no problems with the ATA but if both shooters and now dedicated employees leave the sport and the organization there must be some serious truth to the ATA having some possible future serious problems.

Maybe now the ATA could move to Sparta as well to be close to where they have contracted to shoot the next 8 or so years.

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Or it could just be as simple as the other position offered more money than the ATA could afford to pay.

Eric

5. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Mr. Morrison, Did Stacey resign because she wasn't given the opportunity of being the Executive Director, or was there another reason?

6. cim jr.

cim jr. TS Member

She wasn't given the opportunity! They had even taken her Marketing job away from her as well.From what I heard its a job for man!!! Micro-managing is a horrible way to run a business.Somebody has to make decisions everyday that benefit the whole ATA not just a select group of shooters.We waste way to much money in areas that we have no reason to do.

It is the Executive Directors job to manage the ATA's staff and take care of the day to day operations and run the Grand American but were not doing it that way we are hiring that out and paying big bucks to Mike Hampton....This bothers me because we have gone 2 yeras and not hired an Executive Director....

I have been a member of the ATA since 1965 and do everything in my power to promote Trap Shooting since I was elected delegate...I just wish I could understand why this has been done this way.This is the one-time that when i get information Im not going to be quiet about it...

CIM

7. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Charlie -

Since you appear to have the info . . . how much are we paying Mike Hampton?

Scott

8. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

If they din't give the pres a $10,000 gun as a reward, who would take such a crappy job?

9. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

I'm not sure why Stacey is leaving and the ATA, in my opinion, is diminished by losing her but I'm also quite sure no one here knows the whole story. There is a set of qualifications all applicants for the Executive Director candidates must meet and not one of them mentions gender. But, from post above, I guess we're also in for another round of Mike Hampton bashing. Don't forget to include Hal DuPont in your conspiracy theories. I can't imagine either one of them gives a damn about the opinions expressed on TS.com. Hampton may not be everyone's favorite but the Grand went from a major money loser to a substantial money maker by just hiring him as tournament director. He's got two more optional years to go. Salaries are a confidential matter between employer and employee. Yes, I know, we "are" paying his salary. Try telling a cop that next time one is writing you a ticket. Jimmy Borum

10. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

I remember all the Bitching about Mike Hampton being Tournament director at the Grand last year and it was all before the Grand. After the Grand was over not a word. That tells me he did a Great Job. Mike and Micheal Wayne do a super job at San Antonio. Allen

11. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

I do know that the tournament directors we had before Mr. Hampton were getting paid a little over $4000.00 to run the Grand. Mr. Hampton is getting more then,$30,000.00 for expenses and to run the Grand. It seems funny that we change the target year in order to save $10,000.00 and yet we are paying Mr. Hampton over $30,000.00 to run the Grand.

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Get a comfy chair the BS is going to roll.

Those that know nothing will tell you everything and are an authority on it.

Hoosier why don't you tell us just where you got your info. By the way cheap help is easy to find.

Don

13. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

hoosier and other detractors. Mr. Hampton's credentials are/and were in the best interest of shooters. He did a great job prior to assisting the ATA.

Our problem does not involve Mr. Hampton. It involves a simple group of individuals you and your delegates elected. Can not say much good about that.

I have said this over and over again. Our system of having a bunch of delegates determine our future is long past any possible improvements to the sport. WE NEED to HIRE a good Director. One that has the power to implement needed changes. Our current system run by a couple of really involved and interested individuals and a balance of baffoons is not getting the job done.

Someone posted above they are deserving of a new gun. (Who else would take the job)?? I will tell you there are hundred of individuals giving all their time, energies and knowledge to this sport. They are not rewarded with a new gun, nor do they expect same. Look at whom we have awarded this gratitude to in the past few years. (My opinion a good waste of our resourses).

I would say, if we were to hire Mr. Hampton on a full time basis, with the authority to move forward, we would be much much better off than we are today.

All that said, and I know I will be blasted, but time past for change. As the old saying goes, better late than never. - Jim

14. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

I forgot to state. What little involvment I had with Stacey was always positive. Do not know all the facts, but she was a very gracious addition to our sport. - Jim

15. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Mr. Elliott, No where in my post did I say I was a detractor. All I did was state a couple of facts. If Mr. Hampton can produce then he will be worth the money. If he can not then he should be fired. I agree with you that we do need to hire a good director and allow him/her to make needed changes in order to move the ATA forward.

16. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

hoosier - I believe Mr. Hamptons credentials are good enough, at lease for a simple lover of our sport, like me. It matters little what we pay, but a great deal about results. - Jim

17. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

I'd still like to get an answer to my question from those in the know, either CIM or Hoosier. Hoosier, where did your info come from? CIM?

Scott

18. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Scott, I did answer your question. I got the information from a very,very, reliable source. That is as good as I can give you right now.

19. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

ontariogirl aka Barbara Sheldon had a thread on here last Friday I believe inwhich she stated that she had a personnal message from Stacey earlier that week telling of her resignation. Maybe Barbara can shed some light on the reason and circumstances involved..

20. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

All the best to Stacy! She has been an asset to the ATA and surely will be one to her new employer.

Who cares what they pay Mike Hampton...as long as he makes money over and above his expense for the ATA he's fine by me!

Remember: If you pay peanuts - you get Monkeys!

Bob Schultz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.