1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

St. Louis

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Unsingle, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

St. Louis overtook Camden, N.J., as the nation's most dangerous city in 2009, according to a national study released Sunday. I don’t think I will be staying in East St. Louis for the Grand. I wonder what caused this???

2. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Unsingle; And you shouldn't stay in Watts, Harlem, Mexican border, or any other rough or lawless area!!!!! Use your head for some purpose other than to "bad-mouth" the Grand.....merlyn

3. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I'm 63 yrs. old & live in Belleville, Ill. We are next to E. St. Louis & trust me there "Never" was a time when you would have wanted to stay in E. St.Louis----EVER!!!! Colonel

4. trap_shooter2000

trap_shooter2000 Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I second that notion. We drove through the East St. Louis neighborhood one evening while at the Grand, thanks to inaccurate GPS directions to the "safe side." Needless to say we were a little nervous and tense. haha.

Big red truck, 20" wheels, trapguns, etc. You know your in a bad part of town when you risk your life and just keep rolling on through stop signs.

Should've listened to Tank Lunsford's directions. haha.

Aaron W.

5. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Worked in St. Louis in '62 and '63. Went with another worker to E.St.Louis one night to his dad's bar. About ten p.m. he said we had to leave (no reason). We did. Next day, the other worker told me some of the mob boys had come in and shot a guy in the bar who was behind on the vig. Owner obviously knew it was going to happen.

I lived on Grand, across from the old Sportsman's Park and had no trouble back then with anyone other than over parking spots on game nights. You could walk most anywhere and not get hasseled. There's areas in Peoria I won't walk today.

Nice thing about MO. is they honor every other states' CCW.

Bad thing about IL, among thousands of others, is we have no CCW.

6. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

Some carry,and have carried for years

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

This makes me feel SO much better. Guess that makes Sparta the "Vandalia" of Illinois. ;-)

8. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised that El Paso, TX was rated as America's safest large city. 4 murders so far this year with over 2700 just across the border in Mexico. Also in the top five San Jose and San Diego all three with large hispanic populations. There was another racial group with large populations in all of the most dangerous cities in America but that is another matter.

9. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

Merlynstrapguns – Ha, ha, a little paranoid about the Grand aren’t we. I like the Grand being at Sparta. My family is from that area. I just don’t like East St. Louis and was has happened there.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    We had a town in Oregon with a 100% murder rate, and that ain't no typo.

Millican, Oregon, about 20 miles east of Bend, on Hwy 20, had its population dwindled to one resident. He ran a gas station and small markter. He was murdered during a robbery.

11. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

stokinpls,

Vandalia Illinois is just off US 70 on the way to Sparta.

I know this, because I used to live there.

Has never been Sparta and never will be.

ed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.