1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

St. Louis I64 Construction Status

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdbabin, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Does anyone have first-hand knowledge on the status of the construction on I64 on the east side of St. Louis?

What is my best bet for traveling from the airport to Sparta as it relates to the construction zones?

Guy Babin

2. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

head south down route 3, go straight through Red Bud to Balwin. Follow the signs to WSRC. I think this is much quicker than 64.

3. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Hammer-time has the scoop, the I-64 construction will not have impact on getting to Sparta. Make sure you watch your lanes when you get close to down town, the ramp going across the bridge to Illinios is only one lane. Once on the bridge get in the right lane and stay there, follow IL RT-3 you will get in I-255 for about 6 or 7 miles until you get to the Columbia exit. Back on RT-3 through Columbia, Waterloo, Redbud, and then Baldwin. When you get to Baldwin make a left at the convience store/gas station (You will be heading toward the power plant with the three stacks). Make a right turn onto CR-18 (not well marked but a brown IL sign points you toward the shooting complex). Hope this helps.

Ronbo

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Thanks guys...

5. jrb

jrb Member

I would take 270 south which turns into 255...then get off on route 3

J. R. Brock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.