1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

St. Louis Area Trap Clubs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by illiniphil, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illiniphil

illiniphil Member

Can anyone provide the names of good trap clubs in the St. Louis area. My daughter, son-in-law and 8 month old granddaughter are moving to the west St. Louis suburbs in the next month.

Something tells me my wife and I will be making many a trip to the area so I thought I'd better do my homework and find a good place to shoot when we are there.

2. Terry_Maiden

Terry_Maiden TS Member

The two biggest ones are St. Louis Skeet and Trap club and the Gateway Gun club. Look here:

http://www.skeetrap.com and http://www.gatewaygunclub-stl.com

There may be a few one trap clubs like at the MO Conservation Dept. areas as well.

3. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Gateway Gun Club 13547 Missouri Bottom Road, Bridgeton, MO, 64044 is probably the best in the area with 9 lighted combo fields. They are installing a bunker and 2 more trap fields. Located just east of St. Charles off of hwy 370. Cabelas store just a mile or so away.

St. Louis Skeet and Trap-18854 Franklin Road, Pacific, MO 63069. Just south of Six Flags off west bound I44.

Both these clubs throw monthly registered targets and have league shooting.

Both have websites. Just type gatewaygunclub or stlouisskeetandtrap

Gateway is the home club for Gateway Gun Club Youth Shooters. Youth team shooting SCTP and AIM. Lindenwood University also trains and practices there.

4. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I would drive to Sparta, especially if you have never been there. Also, You would only be about an hour and a half from Linn Creek, MO near Lake of the Ozarks where the Mo State Club is. It is a very nice facility. Jack

5. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

I live in St. Charles, MO. It is 1 1/2 hours (90 miles) to Sparta (WSRC) and close to 2 1/2 (175 miles) hours to Linn Creek (MTA). I am 10 miutes from Gateway Gun Club and about 40 minutes to St. Louis Skeet and Trap.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

When you cross over the river to that awful State of Illinois there's The Edwardsville Gun Club, Brittany Shooting Park, Drainer's Trap Club, KVS and Highland P & R Club.

You can't swing a dead 'possum over your head without hitting a good place to shoot trap in the Greater St. Louis/ Metro East Illinois area. Call me at 618-980-0877 for the scoop.

7. XT=dontmiss

XT=dontmiss TS Member

some smaller clubs are daniel boone gun club in defiance, mo and charette gun club in dutzow, mo. niether throw registered, but monthly 75 and 100 derbys on sundays.

8. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

When is that Gateway bunker going to be making noise?

SW

9. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Stonewall, not sure. The bunker is in the ground and they have the dirt-work completed around it. The 2 additional trap houses are also in the ground. They are also working on the indoor pistol range. I would think they will have the bunker and traps ready as soon as they can.

10. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Sorry I mis-guessed on the driving times to Spart and Linn Creek. Trust the guy who lives in St. Louis...not me! Martinpicker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
daniel stokes lindenwood university gun club
gun clubs st louis area
st louis area trap shootong

st louis skeet and trap

st louis skeet trap club
trap shooting clubs in st charles area
trap shooting trips in the west
where does lindenwood university practice shotgun bunker trap