1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ST. CHARLES SPORTSMEN

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cle, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cle

cle Member

The St. Charles Sportsmen’s Club (Elburn, IL) has established a new website at www.scsportsmans.org. Club members, friends, ATA shooters and all those interested in the Shooting Sports are encouraged to set this address as a FAVORTE in their browser in order to stay informed and up to date on events and developments at the St. Charles Sportsmen’s Club.

This new website is the one and only website sanctioned by the Club to fully and properly represent the Club and inform its members, friends and the public views, correctly and accurately about Club activities, events and news items. New viewers will note an Important Notice box on the website homepage. That notice IS important and reads as follows:

St. Charles Sportsmen’s Club

Note to Our Website Visitors

As you discovered, SCSC’s website is now at www.scsportsmans.org. SCSC decided to create a new website in light of a dispute with Techpro, Inc., the company that controls our original website (“scsconline.org”). Because Techpro, Inc. has thus far refused to release administrative control over the “scsconline.org” address to SCSC, the SCSC Board of Directors determined that changing the website address served SCSC’s best interest, and that of its members, website visitors, and users.
    Going forward, please visit www.scsportsmans.org for current, reliable, and authentic SCSC information. And please remember to update your website bookmarks and favorites to reflect our new address.

While we regret any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused you, we are confident you will enjoy this new website and encourage you to give us your feedback as you browse. Any questions or comments can be directed to inquiry@scsportsmans.org.

Sincerely yours,

SCSC Board of Directors

This new website is one of the key steps the St. Charles club has taken recently to recover from a short period of being somewhat “off the rails.” We look forward to reasserting our claim, loudly disputed by our friends in Morris, that we have the best trap and sporting clays club in Illinois, north of Brittany and Sparta.

Check in on the new website, www.scsportsmans.org, you’ll be glad you did and we’ll be glad to see you again. Thank you all.........

CLE RECTOR

2. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

"We look forward to reasserting our claim, loudly disputed by our friends in Morris, that we have the best trap and sporting clays club in Illinois, north of Brittany and Sparta"

Sporting what?

Ummm....well....whatever.

As SCSC is north of I-80 and east of I-39, realistically, you are in an entirely different country than than Brittany and Sparta.

Vanitatem. The curse of Chicago.

3. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Bad choice Cle-

Targets- DGSC

Facility- DGSC

Food- DGSC

Game over, Harv- your friend @ DGSC

4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Neither club, while quite nice, are in the same league as Northbrook Sports Club.

5. schockstrap

schockstrap Active Member

Leave it to trap shooters to turn a simple announcement into a pi$$ing match...

Everyone has their favorite club, and I'm sure all of the mentioned clubs have the goal to be "the best". I'm just happy that we have all 3 (plus a few others) such a short distance from Chicago.

--Dan

6. djldb6

djldb6 Member

Thanks for the info Cle, nice to see you back.

Dan

7. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

Does anyone know if Northbrook is having an ATA event thic coming Sunday?

Cle,

The new website looks great. Best of luck

John S

8. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

Harv. You are spot on !! Why would Cle have to bring up Techpro ?? "Those that live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones"

9. Mongoose71

Mongoose71 Member

JPSemper, yes Northbrook is having a shoot this Sunday.

10. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

Thanks. I didn't see the shoot advertised anywhere. I guess I'll be at Northbrook on Sunday!

John S.

11. Ducky

Ducky Member

Nice to see you back Cle!!!!! Don't know what happened after I left but glad things seem to be on course again.

Scott Lambe
    Roswell GA

12. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

I stay out of club politics. I just want to shoot and get along with the folks at the clubs. And these two clubs are great places to shoot - St Charles Sportsman's Club in Elburn, IL and Downers Grove Sportsman's Club in Morris, IL.

Northbrook? Haven't been there to shoot just yet. I look forward to it.

13. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I've been to most of the clubs in the area with the exception of Northbrook, and I amm enjoyed each of the clubs. All a bit different but nice people great targets and I've enjoyed every outing.

14. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

All should realize between Cle & I it's all good natured ribbing between shooters, even if I am telling the truth! HaHa, Harv

15. Joe Schmo

Joe Schmo Member

I must say that I cannot believe the BALLS that some people have. Due to my professional experience I know better than to make unproven public allegations against others. As written above, I am always surprised when people do not take into account the “Glass House” theory when they make certain statements or other communications.

It further occurs to me that certain veteran members of the SCSC would have made superb Chicago Politians if they had chosen that career path.

As Paul Harvey would say, “The rest of the story” will no doubt be revealed some day……… For those who care about the whole story. Or, perhaps it will not come out. Politians are pretty good at suppressing information too.

Jim Barnes

86 04616

16. Bluerock1

Bluerock1 Member

The first paragraph says it all. The rest of the post shows bad taste.

Bill Borman #83 03605

17. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Yes, there is a registered shoot tomorrow at Northbrook. It's 300 birds, targets only, 100 birds per trap on four fields. Targets are $26.00 per event, plus $3.00 for the ATA.

Registration is in the great room in the clubhouse at 9:00, shooting at 10:00. Excellent food, and a new outdoor pavilion with proper furniture.

Targets are set, all the mikes work fine. I shot them all this afternoon.

Weather tomorrow is supposed to be perfect: 80 degrees, mostly sunny, wind SE at 12 MPH.

Northbrook trap is back. We're a little short on trap capacity at the moment, but we plan to have six traps running by Labor Day when we have our Illini Indian Shoot.

Jon Sims
    Trap Chairman
    Northbrook Sports Club

18. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

Euro Joe, Who's competing? I thought this was an announcement not a challenge...?
    Mike P.

19. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

To all who have problems with the original post on this thread:

Cle did NOT author the Note to our Website Visitors part of his post. It is on the Club website written, presumably, by the current BoD. The attribution to TechPro is theirs, not Cle's.

For those who missed it or didn't read the end of what Cle authored:

"New viewers will note an Important Notice box on the website homepage. That notice IS important and reads as follows:

St. Charles Sportsmen’s Club

Note to Our Website Visitors...."

I believe some apologies are due. If you think what the BoD wrote is improper, offensive etc., take it up with them.

Gene in Illinois

20. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

No challenge intended, all good clubs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.