1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

St. Charles Sportmans Club in Elburn ILL

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Yesterday I took a new shooter to St. Charles Sportmans club in Elburn,ILL. One of the members who was working was very helpfull to the new shooter, allowing him to shoot a round by himself as it was ealry and not busy. This member offerd advise and made the whole experience a pleasuer for my friend. In additon I was able to run 25. Thank You St. Charles Sportmans club for you kindness

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I attended many shoot at this club when I was living in Illinois and always found it to be very shooter and visitor friendly ... I actually never shot at a bad club while I lived in Illinois, just some a wee bit better than others ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Zara, congrats to you! Nice work! Would have liked to been there both days but I am working on the fundraiser for the Scholastic Program! (Shameless plug here see my thread)!

Tron next time you are in town plz give Downers Grove a try.

By being a Board Member of our club and dealing with the IRS issue I believe that it is going to be a future problem for all the clubs. With politicians seeking more sources of income from taxes etc they will surely look to other sources of revenue. It was with great pain that our club ended it's reciprocal agreements with area clubs. But it is a sign of the times. Action will have to be taken on even ATA events in the future at all clubs to deal with the issue of "outside income" from non-members. I know that next year St. Charles will will have several levels of membership so that you may shoot there. I as a thursday night league shooter will have to purchase a league membership to shoot in the league.

We at DGSC have never closed our doors to new shooters or visitors/guests. Our only requirement is that a senior member sign that person in as a guest.
    And Tron you can even shoot skeet at our club. Rick Gibbs

4. schockstrap

schockstrap Active Member

All you have to do to shoot skeet at St. Charles is find a member that is willing to go out to the skeet field with you. If someone is out there already, just walk up and introduce yourself... I'm surprised that the folks behind the counter didn't tell you that -- they will usually at least ask a few of the members present at the club if they are willing to take someone out for a round. I know that I've been asked several times to take folks out to the skeet field or, walk them through a round of trap (if it's their first time), or take them on a tour of the club grounds. I've never declined the opportunity, and I don't think most people would.

I agree that St. Charles is a wonderful club, and I also agree with WPT about the clubs in Illinois in general.

--Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.