1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SSSF/SCTP Kids at the July Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 320090T, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

A vendor friend contacted Karen Peterson about the numbers expected for the SSSF's first Grand and was told she had 4000 signed up to attend, already! That seems high to me, if I remember correctly, and I probably don't, there were 4500 at last years Grand but the group has split up and I know lots of clubs haven't started their programs yet. Has anyone heard of numbers yet?
    If that number is correct, great!

2. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

I know we won't be attending the SCTP National shoot. We will be attending our SCTP State shoot (MI) though. The National SCTP shoot is too far removed from the Grand and we can't go twice. So we are talking about having our team shoot the AIM National event on Aug 8-9, during the Grand.

I think she may be hoping for that many. My guess is there are that many signed up with SCTP (like our team is), but the National sign ups for the SCTP National shoot haven't even started yet. There are no "squads" for the National SCTP shoot slated for July 22-25 yet on their website. I think its very unfortunate that this shoot is this far separated from the Grand, as we already made reservations to attend the Grand and can't change our camping spots nor do we want to go there twice, especially if we don't get a full squad to participate.

Also with SCTP the kids are only eligible for awards IF they are on a full "team" squad. AIM (from the ATA) is allowing individual awards, so our kids may at least have a chance for those awards. (We often don't get enough to go in any one grade group as we are a small county-wide team. But we have been at National SCTP for 3 years now.)

Hope this helps.

Trapgeek

Leslie York

AIM/SCTP Coach St. joe County (MI) Straight Shooters

3. roger8918

roger8918 Member

There has got to be some kind of misunderstanding. I coach a SCTP team an as far as I know the SSSF has not provided any way for squads to sign-up for its National Championship. Just my opinion but I would think that this years numbers would drop dramatically considering the amount of time between it and the Grand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.