1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

sshotmaker adaptation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dblell, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dblell

dblell Member

This is an add-on to the shot maker bowl that helps keep the lead going to the drippers hot. By melting the ingots above the ingots do not cool down the lead going to the drippers. I bought the SM on ebay and this modification had been made by the previous owner. Wokers for me thought some of you may have comments.
    Lee

[​IMG]

2. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I use the shotmaker as well to pre-heat, at some point after it gets warmed up I NEED to put them in cold or it will get to hot. I could control it with a reostat type control instead of the on/off toggle but found controling temps of ingots do the same thing.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I've considered fabricating a stand that will allow one of those 20lb electric lead pots (about $70.00) to sit directly over the Shotmaker. Then when I need lead, just turn the spigot for fresh melted lead. Has anyone done this already?

4. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

That is a good idea. What I how ever do is I have a hot plate and a large cast iron skilet. I can put about 5 ingots at a time in it. I just use some tong's and move them from one place to another.

5. plinker611

plinker611 Member

i keep 50-75 ingots on my wood burner at a time,thats why i run ingots out side all summer then when it cools off(under 20 degrees,and it wont be long) ,i fire up thr garage and run shot,got close to 2500 lbs ready to run through the stewart black max this winter.i need to put togeather a better sorter this winter,the screen process works well but i run 300-400 lbs at a shot,and sorting is the worst part,any pictures on sorters?? mark jones

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Plinker, do a search on the words Shot Screens. I have a pic of the sorter I built a few years back. Works like a dream. Just did 500# the other day in well under an hour.

JK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.