1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SRS Sandbox for PCs

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by AveragEd, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

SRS makes high-end audio software and hardware; a lot of HDTVs use their products. They also market a downloadable software package for PCs that allows the computer's hardware to reproduce more audio depth and volume. The speakers on my laptop seemed muted and no amount of fiddling with the settings helped, so I purchased and downloaded that software last summer.

The results are quite real and well worth the $24.95 charge but after the PC is on for six hours or so, the audio suddenly cuts out altogether. Do a restart and you're good to go for another six hours or so. I submitted a technical assistance request to them last fall and received a reply stating that they are aware of the problem with some PCs running Vista (which mine is) and that a link to corrective patch would be on their website in a few weeks. I submitted another request a few months later and got a similar reply. Now, over six months later, still no link and they now have stopped responding to emails or telephone voice messages.

Has anyone on here had any experience with this product? I know they are still in business because I've seen current HDTV spec sheets showing that the TVs are equipped with SRS technology. Our Samsung is although we use a wireless Samsung Home Theater Surround Sound system.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.