1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SRB (spoiled rotten brats)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Francis Marion, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

What does everyone think about the new age hot shots? I'm talking about superstar kids,(seems to be the boys, not the girls) who have tutors, shooting coaches,and bad attitudes. The arrogance level appears to be going up by the minute. They all shoot 15,000.00 shotguns at the 27yd line and bitch when they don't win, or become the second coming of Jesus H. himself when they do. I was raised to appreciate every damn thing you were given and to bust your ass for the things you weren't.

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

If you think it's bad in the Trapshooting arena, try going to a kid's soccer game sometime. :)

3. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Quack Shot, Been there, done that one also. Same level of parental malpractice, just not nearly the same level of $.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have visited with many of them over the years. Some are fine young men and others are arrogant. I have visited with many older people at shoots over the years. Some are fine ladies and gentlemen, others are arrogant. I have some personal fun with the arrogant. I will use esoteric, spurious and sometimes specious words they don't understand, but they will never admit they don't understand what I am saying to them. I just smile and walk on.

Pat Ireland

5. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

My son played T ball for a short while.

That was enough for me.

If you didnt drive a BMW or Land Rover you were in the minority for sure.

Regards....Gerald

6. Fathawk

Fathawk TS Member

Pulled up to the club one day to shoot a few practice 27s with a friend and a brand new Navigator pulls in next to us. Out jumps a kid of probably 16-17, pulls a Kolar combo out of the truck, puts the unsingle on and dons his expensive glasses with blinders, Bob Allen vest and fancy gloves. Find out that the club lets the "youth" team practice for free (targets). Kid goes out shoots through four stations and on target three of the last station the trap runs out of birds.

Holy crap, you would have that the world had ended. "The trap ran out of targets during my FREE practice". He then dressed the trap boy up and down, and yelled at Members of the Board seated at the bar aking, "what they pay that lazy POS for".

First class ass, and I'm sure it gets worse with age.

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

And don't forget joyriding in the golf carts...you can't be an Ugly Young American without a golf cart to tear around in.

But it does make you appreciate the nice young kids all that much more when you do see them.

8. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

I had the pleasure of traveling with a young man in our state and we attended quite a few shoots together.

Druing the early days of our travels I noticed an attitude that I talked with this young man about.

I felt like he needed to understand that he not only had to be nice to people but that he also needed to be an example to younger shooters. He needed to understand the history of the sport and that he would be a big part of the future of trapshooting in our state.

I told him that regardless of how good a shooter he was or how many trophies he won if people thought he was an (__0__), that would be all that they would remember.

He is still on the trapshooting scene today and just turned in a AA27AA year after registering over 16,000 targets.

FRedmon

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Lardpigeon, the shooter you described sounds just like your typical Obama voter. I want free tuition, healthcare, daycare, food, rent, cash for clunkers.......... And by God I better get it now or......

10. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

A couple of years ago while officiating a High School Track Meet, I repeatedly encountered a high school senior that was a top notch long/triple jumper. The problem was that he was also a top notch showboat and a first class whiner. After a few encounters, I pulled the lad aside and kindly assured him that everyone who watches can see that he is a very good athlete. But, I assured him, that his attitude and showboating greatly diminished peoples opinion of him. He turned on a dime and is now a college senior who is a great competitor and a nice young man.

11. shamlin

shamlin Member

My son did the unthinkable last year. As a very talented football player, he caught a touchdown pass and proceeded to act like a fool in the endzone. After the game I confronted him about his antics and he said "thats what TO does Dad", talking about Terrel Owens. I then had to explain to him that it is unprofessional, arrogant, and ridiculous to behave that way after a touchdown. I informed him to score a touchdown and immediately give the ball to the ref and walk off the field; act like you've been in the endzone before. I then threatened him with a good old fashioned butt whipping and the loss of football privileges. Now he has taken up trapshooting and is doing quite well. Broke a 96 this past Sunday, won the Junior class, and acted humble as I expected. Its all about the parents. They need to start thinking about capitol punishment again......meaning belts and bottoms. Darn sure kept me straight as a kid!

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Kids are what they are made to be, so its not entirely their fault ... Once they learn the world don't revolve around their ass they change attitudes or run into someone who teaches then a lesson that Mommy and Daddy never taught them ... Thats life as it is today, glad it was not like that when I was growing up because I had to earn the things I wanted and figure out a way to pay for them on my own ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

The majority of the kids that I have met in trapshooting are really good kids. I've only met a couple that need an attitude adjustment.

Pat Ireland, I am impressed with your ability to speak a foreign language.

14. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

What "shamlin" said...it depends on parents input!! I have a high school son who played golf and he new what would happen if he was like some of the other kids. He's not a silver spoon'r and I would have STOPPED his golf privilege if that happened. SHOOT WELL AND HAVE FUN!!!

15. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Love the kids and love to shoot with the kids. If you will take a little time to VISIT not LECTURE them they will seek YOU out to spend time with YOU---that by the way is an honor! I too have seen one or two that would show a little too much emotion when they did not do as well as expected. One in particular, threw himself a little fit after missind some caps in the wind. As we left the field I put my arm around his shoulder and told him that he was respected for his ability and there were alot of us old guys that like to spend time and shoot with him BUT temper would not be tolorated. I told him that no one would shout at him or make a scene but as a group, we would just stay away from him. I suggested that he just take a minute and think what it looks like to everyone watching and think if you want to be seen as that temper throwing person? You have way tooo much class for that! I had spent time with him and his parents over dinner the night before and I even bought his dinner and claimed him as my grandson while picking at the server. We had a ball! His parents saw me talk to him and wanted to know what I had said to him and I wouldnt tell them. That's just between us shooter.Good kid!! No more outbursts.

16. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

My son has been shooting for 4 years now, he's only 15. While I'm proud of his shooting improvement over those years, I'm even more proud when I hear comments about how well he conducts himself, both on the line and while at a shoot.

I think all kids can act properly with the correct amount and type of parental guidance. Take away what they like and usually positive results occur.

17. JRW

JRW Member

What I have watched and often wondered is, do these kids know how lucky they are to be able to open those shotguns and watch the empties fly. i think about this while waist deep in barrel picking up hulls. Jerry

18. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

1911 at least you are ahead of me, I'm only finding boxes in the garbage these days (which I take of course).

19. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Guess I've been fortunate enough not to run in to any or may be their the fortunate ones! I don't like arrogance any where

20. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

And then you wonder what will happen next when they "peruse" your wares. Alone they are fine, in groups -- they bare watchin. With a couple hundred thousand AMERICAN dollars worth of guns to be abused, I have asked more than one to be on his way. "Daddy" even returned to give me a what-for and I made him the same invitation - only in more certain terms.LOL. I'm always glad to see people! Always when they come and sometimes when they go.
    I have found most all kids reflect their teaching and are very respectable of my products. Not many of them are "snots" and the ones that are, like the man said are here today, and gone tomorrow..........merlyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.