1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sr. Vet class

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

I was moved from D class to Sr.Vet.I don't want to be
    in sr.vet.Can I change back to D class?If you shoot at the grand with less than 500 targets what is the penalty for a senior vet?

2. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Your Classification in Singles and Doubles is BAsed on your average...AAA-D...
    Your Special Catagory is based on your age or gender...Vet, or Sr. Vet, junior ,sub junior or Lady...Not sure what you meant by they moved you...who is they and what were the circumstances.....more info

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Sr. Vet's are usually not penalized but check the individual program.

Curt

4. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Last year I shot D class. This year when I got my ata card it was marked Sr. Vet.I guess what I am asking is do I have to shoot Sr,vet just because I am 71 yrs old.

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

tracy, you are _both_ a D Class shooter and a Senior Veteran. That is, you don't lose your class opportunities for a trophy just because you are a SV. They are called "concurrent" trophies and if you are high in D class you get that one, high in SV you are get that one, but you can't get both. If you have high score in both, you have to tell shoot management soon after the event which you want. . If you don't, you will be given SV. (Strictly applies to ATA trophies only, but clubs generally follow the ATA conventions.)

If you should be tied for champion as well, you will have to find a rulebook and read about what your options are, or have someone explain how that works, in the off-chance he or she knows.

Neil

6. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Neil, thank you for your reply.I just started shooting ata trap 3yrs ago as a retirement hobby, and wanted to shoot at the grand one time.It was on my bucket list.Did that last year.Had a ball.Will continue to shoot as long as I can.Tk's again
    Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.