1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Squirrel hunter?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Frank C, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

So I get a call from my 16 yr old daughter today informing that there is a pissed off Gray Squirrel in the cellar hissing at her!

Meanwhile, as I am driving home my son calls to ask for a battle plan, I suggest that he just open the bulkhead, turn off the lights and the damn thing will go out. I think that he came down the chimney and entered via the hot water heater vent.

Well, making like an illegal alien, the Tree rat decides that he will make himself at home and has moved in with no intention of leaving quietly. After a sweep of the basement, we decide that he is hiding and is not about to give himself up to the sights of the CO2 pistol. I set the havahart trap near the cellar window and bait it with a green card, Then pack up my Trap stuff and get ready to head for the club.....15 minutes later while still in the driveway I decide that I need another box of shells, open the cellar door and who is sitting at the bottom of the stairs but my undocumented visitor.....but alas, my CO2 "medicine" is in the back room of the cellar....I retreated to the garage to find a suitable hand to hand combat weapon, find my old Sher-Wood Pro Hook and return the the top of the stairs and open the door, the furry guest worker, whom is still at the base of the stairs flees at the sight of the weapon. I proceeded down the stairs and peered around the corner and spied "Sergio" Squirrel sitting under the pool table in the next room....

I took my best face off stance with the Sherwood and before I could make a move the DAMN THING RUSHED me....remembering my best Northeastern Pond hockey form I caught him with a quick deke left, a short backhand slap then a quick wrister and finished him off with a couple of slashing chops that even Bobby Orr would have been proud of. I don't know what he was thinking, he had the entire cellar full of junk to hide in but he chose to go on the attack.....he is crow food in the back yard now!

2. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I would have eaten him....but then again im just an ole country boy.

Forrest

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Yeah and I had already tenderized him too!!!

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

was he as big as mine?

5. teleskier

teleskier Member

Nothing better than grey squirrel with some black eyed peas, fried okra and cornbread. And thats a california boy talkin' here !!

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Damn squirrel had more balls than the democrats!

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Must have been a sail squirrel. After it stiffens you can throw it with it's tail like a Frisbee.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.