1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Squadding too early ? Attn: Phil Kiner

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

As of late my caps scores have been better than my singles scores. Since I'm a very short yardage, distance is not a key factor (in my opinion). I'm 66 years old & caps are usually shot after singles & there is much brighter light. I've always squadded early to avoid freshning winds in later morning. I use the same choke & loads for both events. My comb is as low as I can get it. Does anyone think I might be on to something for us older shooters. In other words wait for as much sun light as possible.

Phil Berkowitz

2. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

I'd say work on your singles. However as we get older the more light the better is a given. You can make up the difference with correct color for you eye wear. Don't add to the mind game by brewing up things to worry about. Arguably sounds like you may have to tight a choke for singles for your ability. If you are less than 24 yards a open choke won't hurt you and may help. Post-2

3. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

I didn't pay attention to the att: PK. Sorry Post-2

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Early morning light (8-9am) is comming from a lower angle than noon time light that is directly overhead and eliminating any shadows or dark areas on the targets. Since you can't change the lighting, try squadding on a later singles squad when the sun is higher in the sky.

Eric

5. samiam03

samiam03 Member

If you've ever had lens replacement from cataract surgery you may have hazing behind the lens. Easily correctable and should improve clarity and color perception as well.

Sam

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

What mixer said... early morning, you get dark spots on the target dome and sunset side of the rim. making the target appear smaller. Noonish sun, you lose the shadows on the target and get greater definition of the bird...

Jim