1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Squad sign-up

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by capvan, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

There's been some problems with squad sign-ups where I regularly shoot. At the beginning of the season, people would show up and sign up for 2-3 or more squads in advance. Later arrivals would find a lot of squads filled and were not happy. This was changed to only allowing people to sign up for 2 squads. Now there are a few people who are showing up, signing themselves up AND their buddies, who haven't even arrived yet.

My question is: What does your club do? We have 1 field and quite a few shooters. Shooting is open to the public and we get quite a few non-members showing up.

The other problem is slowness of getting squads to the line. The good 'ol boys like to chat and sometimes forget why we're there. I truly like everyone at this club, but would like to get improve things so we don't lose potential newcomers.

I apologize to my fellow club members who may not appreciate this post...

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Common problem boils down to people not being considerate. Not sure I can offer a valid solution, but feel you pain.

3. capvan

capvan Active Member

4. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I once shot at a little one trap club in Florida that had a very unique way of handling the same problem..You signed in on a master sheet when you arrived and the first five names made up the first squad. They continued with the next five and so on until someone decided he had enough and they just marked him off and used the next five available names left on the master sheet for the next squad. When they reached the bottom of the list of names they continued on from the top of the list. If there were only two left from the bottom, they filled it with the first three available from the start and continued on from there squad after squad. This elimination continued as everyone shot their limit, saved the peace and you knew where you stood on the line-up. I thought it worked real well.

Big Jack

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

You, I feel a bit like a mackerel, need to find a better club.

6. capvan

capvan Active Member

7. capvan

capvan Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.