1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SPS Stiff Person Syndrome( need info)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Back in 1994 I was moved ( one of many) by the company to South Dakota. I only lived there 3 years but on the very first day I met a guy who became my best friend & still is. He has been going through some medical problems recently and after a week in the hospital has learned that (they think, not sure yet) that he has SPS commonly called Stiff Person Syndrome. I have been reading everything I can find on the internet but it is extremely rare. Just wondering if anybody on here knows a person with this rare disease or can share any info.

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

My cousin's husband has this.

Sorry, but I really don't know that much about it, other than it is real, very rare, and can be extremely debilitating.

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Boy, that sounds awful. They have my prayers.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thx TimB99. Yes it so far has been a very horrible experience for my friend. I am very worried about him. A better person I have never met

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

cc200,

Just google <i>stiff person syndrome may clinic</i> and you'll get several good places for info.

It was discovered in the 50's at Mayo. That's where my cousin's husband is being treated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.